• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capture From DV Camera Issues

schaub818

Question

I am trying to use Easy CD and DVD Burning to capture video from a DV camcorder connected to my computer via Firewire. I tried to capture a 46 minute tape by clicking the Capture Entire Tape button. The first issue is that it did not automatically stop capturing once the tape reached the end. I don't know if this is normal. Once I clicked the Stop Capture button I went to look at the video file that the capture created. The resulting video file was only 23 minutes long and contained what was basically the last half of the tape that I captured. The entire first half was missing. I left all of the capture settings (like output file type) at their default settings. Is this an issue with the software, or am I not doing something right?

6 answers to this question

Unfortunately I don't have access to the specs right now. I'm actually trying to show someone how to do this stuff on his computer. I do know that he's running XP, but I don't know if it's home or pro. I can't recall the exact model number of the camera, but I do know it's a Panasonic. I'll have to get the computer specs and camera model next time I see him.

If by used you mean the tape has been recorded on and then recorded over again, then no, it's only been recorded to once. However, it was recorded in segments, not in one long, continuous shot.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the specs right now. I'm actually trying to show someone how to do this stuff on his computer. I do know that he's running XP, but I don't know if it's home or pro. I can't recall the exact model number of the camera, but I do know it's a Panasonic. I'll have to get the computer specs and camera model next time I see him.

If by used you mean the tape has been recorded on and then recorded over again, then no, it's only been recorded to once. However, it was recorded in segments, not in one long, continuous shot.

That helps!

The next thing I would like to confirm is that you actually have Roxio Easy CD and Burning

post-39730-1265474433.jpg

Are you using Capture Video?

This should look like this screen cap.

post-39730-1265474452.jpg