• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

deleting a section of video

WDO

Question

Hello all,

I just purchased the Roxio Creator 2010 and I am trying to edit a video. I have a small portion about 4 second that I am trying to removed, but with out any luck. I tried the video splitter but got a message saying "The selected item cannot be split at this position, because one or both of the resulting items would be to small". I'm at a loss on what to do, any help would be great appreciated.

9 answers to this question

Hello all,

I just purchased the Roxio Creator 2010 and I am trying to edit a video. I have a small portion about 4 second that I am trying to removed, but with out any luck. I tried the video splitter but got a message saying "The selected item cannot be split at this position, because one or both of the resulting items would be to small". I'm at a loss on what to do, any help would be great appreciated.

Did you first select the video on the timeline and then click the "split" icon?

Did you first select the video on the timeline and then click the "split" icon?

This is gross example of what Walt was referring to:

post-39730-1265476327.jpg

In this case, the portion Selected (in blue) is to the left of the Scrubber and Spit or Delete will throw that message!

Also the minimum number of frames you can split/delete is 11.

Think dotted lines (box)- :blink:

Dotted lines (box) around the section you want to do something with (split, delete, adjust color, etc.) If you don't have the dotted lines, you will get the message or you will start to edit the wrong section of the video. Click the section of the video to select it and to see the dotted lines! Selecting the section should be the last thing you do before performing the action.

I'm trying to teach a person video editing and no matter how often I show him, he forgets ! If he weren't almost 80, I would slap him upside his head! Considered yourself slapped ! :P

:wacko: ow!

Thanks to all, I'm not in my 80's just in my 60's but I feel like I'm in over my head when it comes to this stuff. I will get the hang of this if it kills me. And thanks for the slap, I may need a few more before I do get the hang of it.

I am also in my sixties and have used Roxio (or sonic) for quite a few years. I have yet to figure out how to edit more than one item from a video. In trying to do what has been outlined here on in the post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=31528 and in the above post.

I am unable to get it to work in Easy Media Creator 10 Suite or in Roxio Creator 2010. Just so someone doesn't try to tell me the two are interfering with one another, they installed on different machines. I have yet to get an indication as to how this is supposed to work and from the explanations, I am not getting the response from the program as indicated it should, so I need a head slap, I guess. Also, the link above for the picture attachment will not let me view it ( as is indicated by "0" views ) so I cannot see any further explanations. Sooooo, a turiorial link would be helpful, or if someone would give a better step by step. It would be much appreciated. Thanks

BTW: I have been using Womble products to do the commerical editing because I cannot get the hang of doing it in Roxio, but I would much prefer to figure this out since I end up using Roxio to finish the movie, anyways.

I am also in my sixties and have used Roxio (or sonic) for quite a few years. I have yet to figure out how to edit more than one item from a video. In trying to do what has been outlined here on in the post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=31528 and in the above post.

I am unable to get it to work in Easy Media Creator 10 Suite or in Roxio Creator 2010. Just so someone doesn't try to tell me the two are interfering with one another, they installed on different machines. I have yet to get an indication as to how this is supposed to work and from the explanations, I am not getting the response from the program as indicated it should, so I need a head slap, I guess. Also, the link above for the picture attachment will not let me view it ( as is indicated by "0" views ) so I cannot see any further explanations. Sooooo, a turiorial link would be helpful, or if someone would give a better step by step. It would be much appreciated. Thanks

BTW: I have been using Womble products to do the commerical editing because I cannot get the hang of doing it in Roxio, but I would much prefer to figure this out since I end up using Roxio to finish the movie, anyways.

I don't see how that has anything to do with the subject in this post…

Start your own topic with your own problem and we may be able to assist.

See other thread !

Edited by sknis