• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can you transfer show from DVD builder into Videowave?

marynabors

Question

5 answers to this question

AS far as I know you cannot. You can however edit the DVd from DVD builder. I have found no way in my ver. 7.5 that I can get a previously burned "DMSD" disc back into Videowave. Edit, copy etc. but not into Videowave.

Guest mlpasley

There's a WORKAROUND! Darned if I can find where I posted it before, so here goes (but it's from memory so let me know if you have problems.)

Open your DVD Builder production. Do an Advanced Edit and change something small, click Done.

DO NOT CLOSE DVD Builder.

Go to Windows\ Start \ Search \ All files and folders\ Advanced and enter .dmsm as the file type to look for. Search in Hidden Files and Subfolders.

Your search should give you a .dmsm file with todays date on it. Double click on the file. It will open in VideoWave. Do an immediate File\ Save As and give it another name.

Your file will be available in VideoWave. ( You can close DVD Builder and just edit in VideoWave.)

Hope that helps.

There's a WORKAROUND! Darned if I can find where I posted it before, so here goes (but it's from memory so let me know if you have problems.)

Open your DVD Builder production. Do an Advanced Edit and change something small, click Done.

DO NOT CLOSE DVD Builder.

Go to Windows\ Start \ Search \ All files and folders\ Advanced and enter .dmsm as the file type to look for. Search in Hidden Files and Subfolders.

Your search should give you a .dmsm file with todays date on it. Double click on the file. It will open in VideoWave. Do an immediate File\ Save As and give it another name.

Your file will be available in VideoWave. ( You can close DVD Builder and just edit in VideoWave.)

Hope that helps.

No senior moments for you ml. Your memory is sharp as a tack. I checked a file I had saved way back when and your instructions are right on.

Thanks ml for that information. I hope I was correct in stating that within the program itself there is not straight shot at moving the DMSD to DMSM without of course the work-around. Talk about a memory !!! :) You have a good one, that's for sure.

Frank...

Guest mlpasley
Thanks ml for that information. I hope I was correct in stating that within the program itself there is not straight shot at moving the DMSD to DMSM without of course the work-around. Talk about a memory !!! :) You have a good one, that's for sure.

Frank...

You're absolutely correct, Frank. There is no direct method of taking it from DVD Builder to VideoWave, but there probably should be.

I remember this solution because I struggled with finding the .dmsm file in 7.5. In 7.1 it's a .DMSM file that doesn't get wiped out when you close DVD Builder. Someone else found the original workaround.

Archived