MPEG activation on legacy version 9.0.554

jimh1011

Question

When I choose "Quick DVD" I am taken to a warning box that says "The following codec(s) must be activated before using the application: MPEG-2". I click OK and am navigated to a Product Activation window. I click next to activate and am given an error that my product key is invalid. After using the Roxio Support Ticket option on the site, I am told to do this feature in offline mode, bu the product key window I am navigated to has one more box than my product key actually is. Replying to Roxio with this info, I am told they don't support this product anymore since it is a "legacy product".

My version is 9.0.554, build 905B54T, R01

12 answers to this question

Replying to Roxio with this info, I am told they don't support this product anymore since it is a "legacy product".

My version is 9.0.554, build 905B54T, R01

What you say is quite true. Your version is 3 or 4 years old now.

I believe the mpeg "activation" business was a situation where the company had to pay a royalty for each customer who "activated" the codec(s), and now they are no longer supporting the product they have stopped doing "activations".

What you say is quite true. Your version is 3 or 4 years old now.

I believe the mpeg "activation" business was a situation where the company had to pay a royalty for each customer who "activated" the codec(s), and now they are no longer supporting the product they have stopped doing "activations".

So, does that mean that I bought a product that I cannot even use or is there any way around this activation?

Hope you didn't pay too much seeing it's now 3 full versions behind the current one (Creator 2010 or v12 if they had stuck with the original numbering series)

EMC9 was the only one to have that third party app in it

Edited by gi7omy

Let's look at this again…

Yes that version (9.0.554) was still available at Retail Stores in November. The Win7 version (10.3) came out that month too.

I just installed that version on a PC this morning and it works without any problems or activation requests.

I wonder if you have any other Roxio software that may be interfering?

What OS are you using? Does your box state that it is Vista compatible?

I wonder if you have any other Roxio software that may be interfering?

What OS are you using? Does your box state that it is Vista compatible?

I am using Windows XP Ultimate Edition. The box reads that it is compatible with Vista (Home/Business/Ultimate, XP, and 2000 later than service pack 4

I have no other Roxio products.

I have the same version of Roxio Easy CD and DVD Burning, ver 9.0.554, Build 905B54T-R01, with the same problem. I use Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3, upgraded to the fullest. The program loads, but when I try to use the Quick DVD With My DVD Express option, I am told that I need tio activate the MPEG-2 codecs. Either I cannot connect to the server, or the server claims an invalid product code, or I am presented with a message box (as is the case right now) telling me to go to http://activation.roxio.com/activateme and to type in this set of numbers, and then to receive the key code. The product key that I am to type in is, xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx, and I am supposed to receive an activation code. The web page will not accept this set of numbers, claims to be an invalid code. I have gone through this routine repeatedly for many months. Is there any way that I can hack into the program to fix this activation problem, or could somebody send me a private email with an activation code which I may try? Thankyou, onehowlingwolf@aol.com

PS, this is the message that I have been receiving this morning when I type those numbers into the web page to get the activation code:

Product Activation

There was a problem activating your product. This could be due to: ERR_ACTIVATION_GENERAL

Removed product key #.

Edited by ogdens