Re-install failing

tripletdad99

Question

After running an update on my copy of Creator 2010 (suggested by the update manager), it would hang on the "Encode menus" stage (about 79% of the way through the DVD burn project).

I then attempted to do a "repair" on the installation, with no effect. By now, I've wasted a few hours of my life, so I decided to uninstall and attempt to re-install the product. Boy, was that a mistake! Now, after NUMEROUS attempts to re-install, I'm dead in the water. No luck at all. The installation gets part or sometimes even most of the way through, then begins to roll-back and eventually give me the screen saying the setup was interrupted. Interrupted by what?!

I attempted to do a registry clean... and also attempted to install in "safe mode" - no luck - same results.

I'm about ready to take this software back to Costco and get my money back. I would call support, but they want to charge you for that - lovely.

PC: HP Pavilion a6500f - Windows 7 (64-bit)

1 answer to this question

After running an update on my copy of Creator 2010 (suggested by the update manager), it would hang on the "Encode menus" stage (about 79% of the way through the DVD burn project).

I then attempted to do a "repair" on the installation, with no effect. By now, I've wasted a few hours of my life, so I decided to uninstall and attempt to re-install the product. Boy, was that a mistake! Now, after NUMEROUS attempts to re-install, I'm dead in the water. No luck at all. The installation gets part or sometimes even most of the way through, then begins to roll-back and eventually give me the screen saying the setup was interrupted. Interrupted by what?!

I attempted to do a registry clean... and also attempted to install in "safe mode" - no luck - same results.

I'm about ready to take this software back to Costco and get my money back. I would call support, but they want to charge you for that - lovely.

PC: HP Pavilion a6500f - Windows 7 (64-bit)

Most likely you will have to do the Clean Install. Read this post and also do #12 in cd signature.

BTW, Roxio does not charge for installation problems for the flagship products