• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Import files to make DVD

RonCz

Question

What kind of files can you use to add movie? It looks like the manual is showing AVI and MPEG 2, would you have to edit these other formats (real player and WMV, which do load but will not create image file) in videoWave and out put in AVI or MPEG 2?

I can see where in the add movie box it is saying you can add Mov. WMV. and Mpg 4 however when creating an image I get error 8004520C (error while encoding the first movie). This is why I asked to question. I realize Mpg 2 are safer but I bought the program to do all it said it can. I would hate to have to rerender every video.

After playing around for the last six hours I solved the problem or at least got My DVD to work. Everything is fine and working with AVI and Mpeg2 until I pick a video to edit and click edit movie, when I come back to MYDVD I can no long burn an image file with out getting the 8004520c error. No matter how many undo's or reopenning the save file, I can not get pass the error code. I have to close down the program and restart it, then open my saved file. At that point I can get an image file to start rendering.

Edited by RonCz

5 answers to this question

What kind of files can you use to add movie? It looks like the manual is showing AVI and MPEG 2, would you have to edit these other formats (real player and WMV, which do load but will not create image file) in videoWave and out put in AVI or MPEG 2?

I can see where in the add movie box it is saying you can add Mov. WMV. and Mpg 4 however when creating an image I get error 8004520C (error while encoding the first movie). This is why I asked to question. I realize Mpg 2 are safer but I bought the program to do all it said it can. I would hate to have to rerender every video.

After playing around for the last six hours I solved the problem or at least got My DVD to work. Everything is fine and working with AVI and Mpeg2 until I pick a video to edit and click edit movie, when I come back to MYDVD I can no long burn an image file with out getting the 8004520c error. No matter how many undo's or reopenning the save file, I can not get pass the error code. I have to close down the program and restart it, then open my saved file. At that point I can get an image file to start rendering.

Don't use any Real videos. There are not many converters for that format. Roxio cannot work with those files.

The supported formats for input are:

"Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD

Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby® Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)

Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF"

You cannot create an image file from Video Wave. You can do that only from Create DVD after you have created your menu and added all the supported file types.

The procedure described is confusing. In general, do all your editing in Video Wave. You can save the project and add that to Create DVD or you can output the project to a file - "mpg2 for DVD, best quality" for standard definition. Since it sounds like you are having issues with editing, I would suggest that you output the project to the file. That way, if there are any glitches, you can look at where it hangs and make a correction.

After you have created all your projects and output to the mpg2 file, Close Video Wave, open Create DVD, select your menu style and then start adding the mpg2 files one at a time.

If you were not having a problem with My DVD handing, then you could have just added the project file to My DVD rather than having to use the mpg2 files.

Any post-editing in Video Wave of a file already added to MyDVD will not be updated in MyDVD.

Don't use any Real videos. There are not many converters for that format. Roxio cannot work with those files.

The supported formats for input are:

"Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD

Audio: Audio CD, MP3, WAV, WMA, Dolby® Digital AC-3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, M4A, MP4, Playlists (WPL, ASX, M3U, PLS, XSPF)

Image: JPG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, GIF"

You cannot create an image file from Video Wave. You can do that only from Create DVD after you have created your menu and added all the supported file types.

The procedure described is confusing. In general, do all your editing in Video Wave. You can save the project and add that to Create DVD or you can output the project to a file - "mpg2 for DVD, best quality" for standard definition. Since it sounds like you are having issues with editing, I would suggest that you output the project to the file. That way, if there are any glitches, you can look at where it hangs and make a correction.

After you have created all your projects and output to the mpg2 file, Close Video Wave, open Create DVD, select your menu style and then start adding the mpg2 files one at a time.

If you were not having a problem with My DVD handing, then you could have just added the project file to My DVD rather than having to use the mpg2 files.

Any post-editing in Video Wave of a file already added to MyDVD will not be updated in MyDVD.

Thanks for the quick reply; I have just two follow up questions

1. Are you saying it would not be possible or not a good idea to be working in MyDVD and then hit the edit movie button and go to video wave to trim some of the movie off then hit the return to MyDVD to finish with chapters and create an image file?

My movies (I'm loading in MyDVD) work well and been used many times with different burning programs including MyDVD version 6 (since I could no longer get the updates for version 6) I decided to buy new but so many problems.

2. Are the imputs you describe above for Video Wave (editing) or are they for add Movie in My DVD?

Thanks for the quick reply; I have just two follow up questions

1. Are you saying it would not be possible or not a good idea to be working in MyDVD and then hit the edit movie button and go to video wave to trim some of the movie off then hit the return to MyDVD to finish with chapters and create an image file?

My movies (I'm loading in MyDVD) work well and been used many times with different burning programs including MyDVD version 6 (since I could no longer get the updates for version 6) I decided to buy new but so many problems.

2. Are the imputs you describe above for Video Wave (editing) or are they for add Movie in My DVD?

1) Not a good idea. if you ever go back, I think you will not have the edits you made in MyDVD.

2) Yes. :) Any particular ones that you are interested in? Both applications are built on the same base. I haven't tried them all but they should all work.

1) Not a good idea. if you ever go back, I think you will not have the edits you made in MyDVD.

Well the edits I made in MyDVD will not be affected (chapter points, menu, background change) and the edits I made in video wave do move to MyDVD, the problem is something gets corrupted and I then get error 8004520C, I have to close out the program and reload the saved copy, then not go back to video wave.

I just think if the product says in the instructions you can and provides a button to go back and edit I think you should be able to follow that and not have to do a work around.

Sometimes I just want to trim off some black before the movie starts, almost every burning program allows a little bit of trimming without crashing.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

The error has nothing to do with where you edit.

As Steve suggests you are approaching this in the wrong manner but you are free to discard the advice of 2 experienced users…

I explained it in detail in this Post as well as a workaround.

The error would need the Repair option from Add/Remove Progarms.