• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No edit of capture

Burger23

Question

I am sure that this question has been asked before, but a search finds nothing.

Roxio starts a VHS capture- then for some reason drops the capture (the lost signal does NOT appear in red)- the record session is just dropped. Is there a way to set the "recorder" to simply record whatever it can off the VHS tape- no editing required?

Thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

I am sure that this question has been asked before, but a search finds nothing.

Roxio starts a VHS capture- then for some reason drops the capture (the lost signal does NOT appear in red)- the record session is just dropped. Is there a way to set the "recorder" to simply record whatever it can off the VHS tape- no editing required?

Thanks in advance

No, never heard it that way???

How about some details about your version and how you are set up…

No, never heard it that way???

How about some details about your version and how you are set up…

Sure- I'm using Windows 7 32-bit- with Roxio VHS to DVD Version 111B25F- and most VHS tapes import just fine- but a couple will stop recording at various points- don't know why- nothing obvious on VHS- something is causing the Roxio software to think it is OK to stop recording. I was hoping for some sort of override so that Roxio would just record what's on the tape without trying to determine when it is finished.

There is no 'override' but there is something with the signal from the tape that produces this…

I have never been able to reproduce it, but I have no doubt that it happens to some setups.

Unless you can record the tape onto some other source, there is no fix

Some have use of a DVD Recorder or another VHS or some camcorders can record or act as a pass through.

Let us know what you do.

There is no 'override' but there is something with the signal from the tape that produces this…

I have never been able to reproduce it, but I have no doubt that it happens to some setups.

Unless you can record the tape onto some other source, there is no fix

Some have use of a DVD Recorder or another VHS or some camcorders can record or act as a pass through.

Let us know what you do.

Thanks so much for your advice, Jim

So I got another VHS machnie- had same issue. Then tried a different computer (my desktop instead of my laptop)- this time everything worked fine- no early ending!

Hmmmm.

I went back to laptop- uninstalled ROXIO VHS to DVD- reinstalled it- now everuthing also works fine on it.

So something got corrupted in the original laptop instllation.

All is well now-

Thanks again for your time