• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Button Highlight will not work after burn

utellem

Question

I have produced one successful DVD project, but attempting the next hit a snag although to my knowledge, I have not changed anything. My menu buttons will not highlight. They look and work fine on the project preview, but once the DVD is burned, they will work but will not highlight. Without the highlight, I cannot see what I am selecting. I have tried rebooting the computer, starting the whole project over, using different DVDs, attempting a completely different project with entirely different material, resetting all settings back to default, the PLAY MOVIE setting and the PLAY MOVIE AND ALL REMAINING MOVIES IN PROJECT setting under PROJECT SETTINGS, the RENDER USING HARDWARE and the RENDER USING SOFTWARE settings under OPTIONS, all three scheme settings under highlight button color settings, both OUTLINE and EXTENT (although outline is the effect that I am seeking) under TEXT HIGHLIGHT, and leaving the ACTIVATION ON SELECTION both checked and unchecked. For some reason the BUTTON HIGHLIGHT option is always grayed out, but it was that way on the successful DVD as well. I can not find anymore settings to try. What is the solution?

5 answers to this question

I have produced one successful DVD project, but attempting the next hit a snag although to my knowledge, I have not changed anything. My menu buttons will not highlight. They look and work fine on the project preview, but once the DVD is burned, they will work but will not highlight. Without the highlight, I cannot see what I am selecting. I have tried rebooting the computer, starting the whole project over, using different DVDs, attempting a completely different project with entirely different material, resetting all settings back to default, the PLAY MOVIE setting and the PLAY MOVIE AND ALL REMAINING MOVIES IN PROJECT setting under PROJECT SETTINGS, the RENDER USING HARDWARE and the RENDER USING SOFTWARE settings under OPTIONS, all three scheme settings under highlight button color settings, both OUTLINE and EXTENT (although outline is the effect that I am seeking) under TEXT HIGHLIGHT, and leaving the ACTIVATION ON SELECTION both checked and unchecked. For some reason the BUTTON HIGHLIGHT option is always grayed out, but it was that way on the successful DVD as well. I can not find anymore settings to try. What is the solution?

I have the same problem myself. I don't know what is causing the problem I just hope that they fix it so that it works right.

I have produced one successful DVD project, but attempting the next hit a snag although to my knowledge, I have not changed anything. .............. using different DVDs, attempting a completely different project with entirely different material,

Make sure the videos you are using are not copyrighted captured videos.

I do have the same problem, the response from ROXIO, installing the latest Windows Media Player, misses the point completely. I used the same family video file edited in Creator 2010, with my Roxio Creator 2009, for burning purposes only, with a PERFECT working result.

A program update like this is for improved performance, not in being forced back to use Creator 2009. Did a complete uninstall and re-install of Creator 2010, but the button and arrow problem is still there.

I have the same case that Utellem. Once the DVD is burned, The menu buttons works, but not higligth!! What happen? Somebody can help me? Thanks

Tengo el mismo caso que Utellem. Una vez que el DVD es quemado, el menú de los botones trabaja, pero no se intensifican. Qué sucede? Alguein puede ayudarme? Gracias

Hugo C