• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

CD Burning Problems

I have the old Roxio program Easy CD and DVD Burning.

When I burn audio CDs (music), the titles and other tag information are not transferred from my data to the disk. I only see "Track 1", "Track 2", etc on playback. How can I set up the program so that the titles and tag information display properly on the CD.

If this is not possible with this rather old software, is there a later Roxio software program that will accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Larry Alexander

For this to happen 2 things must be.

1)It needs to be a commercial cd.

2) that disc must be in the database so the titles can be looked up.

So if you use a bunch of commercial cd's to make a disc then the titles will show up on the commercial discs but not the one you make because that disc is not in CDDB's database.

If you used CD-Text then you need to use a player that displays CD-Text to be able to read them.

Windows Media Player does not do that.

For this to happen 2 things must be.

1)It needs to be a commercial cd.

2) that disc must be in the database so the titles can be looked up.

So if you use a bunch of commercial cd's to make a disc then the titles will show up on the commercial discs but not the one you make because that disc is not in CDDB's database.

If you used CD-Text then you need to use a player that displays CD-Text to be able to read them.

Windows Media Player does not do that.

I am trying to burn an audio CD of my own music compositions in WAV format to be used in a car or home player. As I said in my first message, the tag information including the titles don't show up on the finished CD. Are you saying that I can't burn a CD that will display the titles of my own compositions?

What is "CD-Text"?

Thanks,

Larry Alexander

An Audio cd is different than an mp3.Mp3's have embedded meta-data that tells all that stuff and is transferred with the file.

An Audio cd doesn't.If you fill in all that stuff and then in the options tell it to use CD-Text the track names will show up as long as 2 things were ok.

1 is the burner can do CD-Text,which most if not all modern burners can.

2 is the player has to be able to display it.Windows Media Player does not natively display CD-Text.You need a plug in for that.I can't say about any other player without knowing specifics.

What happens when you insert a cd into a player is it looks at the CD-Text and if it's possible displays it.If it's an option for the player it will also go out to an online database and try and match the disc to it's database.If it can (most commercial discs) it will display info.If it's not in the database (usually on recorded discs) then it just shows Track 1,Track 2,etc.

I am trying to burn an audio CD of my own music compositions in WAV format to be used in a car or home player. As I said in my first message, the tag information including the titles don't show up on the finished CD. Are you saying that I can't burn a CD that will display the titles of my own compositions?

What is "CD-Text"?

Thanks,

Larry Alexander

I never ran the version of Easy CD Creator you're using, but when you go to write the CD, there should be a checkbox for CD-Text somewhere, either on the screen as you go to start the burn, or an "options" window accessible from that window. CD-Text is what will add the track titles to the Audio CD. You must be burning in Disc-At-Once mode to be able to write CD-Text.

Now, I'm assuming that you know the players you're using support CD-Text (displaying titles) because you've seen them do it? Not all players support CD-Text, and if they don't, then all you will see is, "Track 1", "Track 2", etc.

Hopefully that'll help!

Thanks very much to both of you. The specific options box for CD Text does not appear in my software.

Hi Larry,

If you have this software,

post-208-1265671948.jpg

Then the option to burn CD-Text appears in the recording setup menu when you click the big Burn button. Here's a shot I snipped a couple of minutes ago from mine.

post-208-1265671966.jpg

Providing you don't have some ancient steam-powered burner that doesn't support CD-Text, checking that box will have Creator burn the Album and Artist names plus the names showing for each track onto your CD.

You will need a player which shows CD-Text to see what is written there. Windows Media Player won't, but you can get an add-on which will allow it to show the text from your disc. A very small, clean and cheap [like, FREE] software player which will read and show CD-Text is the HACP player which can be downloaded HERE or any of a dozen other Internet sites.

Regards,

Brendon