• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Removing more than section from the same video

LACSr

Question

I had put this in where I thought they were talking about the same thing but was told I am wrong, so I started my own thread as instructed by Jim Hardin. Sorry, I thought it applied to what that poster was asking. That thread is here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=61564 post #8

Anyways, here is my question.

I am in my sixties and have used Roxio (or sonic) for quite a few years. I have yet to figure out how to edit more than one item from a video. In trying to do what has been outlined here on in the post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=31528

I am unable to get it to work in Easy Media Creator 10 Suite or in Roxio Creator 2010. Just so someone doesn't try to tell me the two are interfering with one another, they are installed on different machines. I have yet to get an indication as to how this is supposed to work and from the explanations, I am not getting the response from the program as indicated it should, so I need a head slap, I guess. I cannot see any further explanations. Sooooo, a tutorial link would be helpful, or if someone would give a better step by step. I tried the help files but the only thing I see is for editing the start and finish, which I do get to work. It would be much appreciated if I could get my head wrapped around this. Thanks

BTW: I have been using Womble products to do the commercial editing because I cannot get the hang of doing it in Roxio, but I would much prefer to figure this out since I end up using Roxio to finish the movie, anyways.

Edited by LACSr

6 answers to this question

I had put this in where I thought they were talking about the same thing but was told I am wrong, so I started my own thread as instructed by Jim Hardin. Sorry, I thought it applied to what that poster was asking. That thread is here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=61564 post #8

Anyways, here is my question.

I am in my sixties and have used Roxio (or sonic) for quite a few years. I have yet to figure out how to edit more than one item from a video. In trying to do what has been outlined here on in the post:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=31528

I am unable to get it to work in Easy Media Creator 10 Suite or in Roxio Creator 2010. Just so someone doesn't try to tell me the two are interfering with one another, they are installed on different machines. I have yet to get an indication as to how this is supposed to work and from the explanations, I am not getting the response from the program as indicated it should, so I need a head slap, I guess. I cannot see any further explanations. Sooooo, a tutorial link would be helpful, or if someone would give a better step by step. I tried the help files but the only thing I see is for editing the start and finish, which I do get to work. It would be much appreciated if I could get my head wrapped around this. Thanks

BTW: I have been using Womble products to do the commercial editing because I cannot get the hang of doing it in Roxio, but I would much prefer to figure this out since I end up using Roxio to finish the movie, anyways.

Have you watched this video? or this one?

What particularily are you having issues with?

Thanks. That first clip was exactly the step by step I needed. I will give it a try and let you know how I did. Thanks so much.

Remember that you must have the section of the clip you want to work with selected -- A dotted box around that section. If you get a message about to short, you did not have the appropiate section selected. Also remember that there is an edit undo with a lot (50?) undos. Also remember that you do not change the original clip unless you overwrite it so edit away but be careful in outputting.

I tried a video with commercials in it while using EMC 10 and it worked just as in the link you gave.

http://saknis.net/Roxio/cutting%20out%20a%...%20section.html

I have not tried it using Creator 2010 yet.

Thanks sknis and Jim for showing me the way. It is simple once I actually knew how it was done! :D

Update: For future info. I tried it in Creator 2010 and the videowave editor works the same as EMC 10. Easy. Thanks

Edited by LACSr