How to use filters

totalwar

Question

How to use filters with Creator 2010 Digitize LP'S.

looked at help files but don't seem tell you how to use theses filters says everything about what they do but not how to use them.

I know how to set filters up how do I start the Clean Filter set on med level clean but then what do I press ok the next or do I have to play whole LP with clean box open?

11 answers to this question

How to use filters with Creator 2010 Digitize LP'S.

looked at help files but don't seem tell you how to use theses filters says everything about what they do but not how to use them.

I know how to set filters up how do I start the Clean Filter set on med level clean but then what do I press ok the next or do I have to play whole LP with clean box open?

Please restate the last sentence; I'm not sure what you mean. You clean only the cuts that have been selected. Did you capture the audio from LPs? How bad are they? The Sound Editor in the audio applications are good for moderate or low cleaning. They will NOT do s good job on music that has a lot of problems. It is a trial and error method to find the correct settings. You may want to do a cut at a time because some may need less cleaning than others. remember you are removing certain frequencies when you clean. If you try to clean too much, then the music is crap. No actual cleaning is done until you save the file.

If you have the PRO version, you have Bias Sound Soap which will do the cleaning well, fast and easily. If you don't, then download and try GoldWave for the cleaning. It is pretty intuitive. Gold Wave has a lenient free trial period.

Please restate the last sentence; I'm not sure what you mean. You clean only the cuts that have been selected. Did you capture the audio from LPs? How bad are they? The Sound Editor in the audio applications are good for moderate or low cleaning. They will NOT do s good job on music that has a lot of problems. It is a trial and error method to find the correct settings. You may want to do a cut at a time because some may need less cleaning than others. remember you are removing certain frequencies when you clean. If you try to clean too much, then the music is crap. No actual cleaning is done until you save the file.

If you have the PRO version, you have Bias Sound Soap which will do the cleaning well, fast and easily. If you don't, then download and try GoldWave for the cleaning. It is pretty intuitive. Gold Wave has a lenient free trial period.

Yes took audio file from LP not with Creator 2010 usb kit play record on my Murphy record player then saved that to SD card and no it's not the pro version.

I have two audio files from both sides from the LP loaded into convert your LPs program of Creator 2010.I would just like to know how to use the filter please.

Do I have to eg: set filter to Med press ok then press next or do I have to set filter then Play whole LP mp3 to clean the noice declicker and so on.

Edited by totalwar

Read my sentence about the file not changing until you save it. You can add multiple clean up functions at one time to the audio that is selected. I'm still having problems understanding what you are asking. Please break it down into simple short sentences. Yours tend to be run on.

Have someone in your household read this and see if they understand it without any further input from you. We are at a disadvantage, we cannot hear or see you explain and have to go on the written word.

"Yes took audio file from LP not with Creator 2010 usb kit play record on my Murphy record player then saved that to SD card and no it's not the pro version."

Never mind found a guide in learning centre under help in Creator 2010.

13. Optimize your audio. Note these buttons, which open tools that let you remove

pops and cracks from your tracks (the “Clean” button), “Enhance” sounds by adjusting

bass and excite values and use the “Equalizer” to customize the sound to your liking. If

desired, click the “Fade each track in & out” checkbox and set a duration. When you’re

finished with these adjustments, click “Next” to save the captured tracks.

Keep in mind that you can apply the filters and preview their effect "live". So you can adjust the settings while you're listening to see if they will have the desired affect. Once you have them set as you like, then you have to "Export Tracks" to actually create new audio files with the filters applied. Just doing a "Save" only saves the "project" which is only a file that says which files to use as the source, and what filters to apply, no audio files are touched at that point. It's the export that actually runs the filters against your source files.

Hope that helps!