• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

editing video difficult

Caveman too

Question

In videowave the wheel that can be clicked on and turned to scroll through a clip works on some clips and not on others. It even works in the beginning of a clip but not further into it. Same applies to dragging the mark through the time line, sometimes the preview screen keeps up sometimes it don't but always in the same areas of the same clips. It's bizarre! I placed the Videowave priority on high in my task manager and performed the graphics test without improvement or clues of the fault. All video properties are the same mpeg 2 720 x 480 and were imported with the usb adapter that came with creator 2009. I have installed Roxio SP4 update and there are no updates or updated drivers. this is a 4 year old lap top with another program (intervideo) that can scroll easily through a clip. I purchased this software with the adapter only needing the latter but I thought that this software would be better. I would like to get it to work othewise I paid way too much for the adaptor. I am using XP sp3.

1 answer to this question

In videowave the wheel that can be clicked on and turned to scroll through a clip works on some clips and not on others. It even works in the beginning of a clip but not further into it. Same applies to dragging the mark through the time line, sometimes the preview screen keeps up sometimes it don't but always in the same areas of the same clips. It's bizarre! I placed the Videowave priority on high in my task manager and performed the graphics test without improvement or clues of the fault. All video properties are the same mpeg 2 720 x 480 and were imported with the usb adapter that came with creator 2009. I have installed Roxio SP4 update and there are no updates or updated drivers. this is a 4 year old lap top with another program (intervideo) that can scroll easily through a clip. I purchased this software with the adapter only needing the latter but I thought that this software would be better. I would like to get it to work othewise I paid way too much for the adaptor. I am using XP sp3.

The thumbwheel works for me on every clip I have ever used in Videowave. It is slow to react when you have a large file (especially a mpg file) , have other apps running or have a slow system

How long in time are the clips you are trying to edit? What are your system specs, especially video card?