• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

cant burn, or burns but wont play

kinxxy

Question

i tried to burn a avi homevideo and it will either burn and wont play or it will act/sound like the dvd is burning but when it pops out of the laptop, the dvd disk is still blank

i dont know what im doing wrong, the only thing that's different is my computer screwed up and i formatted it with the vista format setting

im computer illiterate so...

Roxio Creator DE

Version: 9.0.116

Build: 901B16M, DL2

Serial Number: ***********************************

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 3.2.52a, 99

Module Name: Roxio Core

Version: 3.3.0

Build: 331B17F, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Audio

Build: 330B49G, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Copy

Build: 330B45C, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Data

Build: 330B45D, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Tools

Build: 330B40C, DLE

2 answers to this question

Your version of the software came free with a Dell computer and is a cut down version of the full program. Look for something like My DVD, add your file to that and then burn to a disc.

Where did you get the AVI file? Do you know if it is a DivX or XVID format. Some players will play that format if you just copy it to a disc but you'll have to check to see if your program will burn the video and if your player will play it to a disc.

Try this. Download the free version of VLC Free player. Open it and point to the disc. It will play. I don't know if it will play on a home DVD player. You'll have to give us detailed description of what you are doing.

Your version of the software came free with a Dell computer and is a cut down version of the full program. Look for something like My DVD, add your file to that and then burn to a disc.

Where did you get the AVI file? Do you know if it is a DivX or XVID format. Some players will play that format if you just copy it to a disc but you'll have to check to see if your program will burn the video and if your player will play it to a disc.

Try this. Download the free version of VLC Free player. Open it and point to the disc. It will play. I don't know if it will play on a home DVD player. You'll have to give us detailed description of what you are doing.

Are these more of those pirated movies? You said that it was a home video. What was the source of the video? What camcorder did you use?

More details please or this thread will be closed just like the other one.

Edited by sknis