• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

dvd menu & 10.0.6

bohalloran

Question

3 answers to this question

No menu titles with Toast 10.0.6 when authoring a video DVD on a G5 Mac (and I presume G4).

Thanks for the feedback. Am I correct that you are using os 10.5.8 on your G5 mac in addition to toast 10.0.6? I suppose this is a flaw that continues to exist on the PM platform. I am able to get text to show up on my PM G5/G4 if and only if I use toast 10.0.2. Anything after that produces textless dvd menus. I am using os 10.5.8 on all machines.

As an aside, the textless dvd menus also occur on my MBP using anything after toast 10.0.4 with os 10.5.8 installed. I am able to get text to show up on dvd menus with 10.0.4 on my MBP. I don't have os 10.0.6 to see if that happens with any version of toast.

Thanks for the feedback. Am I correct that you are using os 10.5.8 on your G5 mac in addition to toast 10.0.6? I suppose this is a flaw that continues to exist on the PM platform. I am able to get text to show up on my PM G5/G4 if and only if I use toast 10.0.2. Anything after that produces textless dvd menus. I am using os 10.5.8 on all machines.

As an aside, the textless dvd menus also occur on my MBP using anything after toast 10.0.4 with os 10.5.8 installed. I am able to get text to show up on dvd menus with 10.0.4 on my MBP. I don't have os 10.0.6 to see if that happens with any version of toast.

Yes, my G5 iMac is running OS 10.5.8. My guess is that when Roxio fixed the Blu-ray menus it broke the DVD menus on G4s and G5s. Having different versions of Toast to create different projects on different models of Macs is necessary, it seems.