• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Does 7 work at all on an intel 10.5.8

microsmoothe

Question

I have been using Toast for a long time, upgraded to 7 titanium a couple of years back, ran perfectly.

Launched it a few months ago on the SAME computer (Dual quad core intel 10.5.8) and it refused to launch.

So I trashed the app, and did a fresh install when I was urged to get the latest version of 7 (7.13 I think) which I did and installed, and same exact problem- the app will not launch AT ALL.

I thought maybe the permission needed a looking at so I unlocked it- nothing happened.

Its obvious there is a software conflict of some sort. The super drive works fine otherwise, no known issues with the mac or any other apps.

I AM AT MY WITS END AND I NEED THIS PROGRAM TO WORK!!

Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

I no longer have Toast 7 on any computer. One thing that can prevent Toast from launching is the presence of any Xvid codec in one of the Library>QuickTime folders. If you have any of these trash them and install perian instead.

I was having the same problems as the original poster on this thread -- Toast 7.1.3 just suddenly refused to open. The drive on my MacBook Pro would make its normal "access" sounds, and then the app would "unexpectedly quit".

I deleted the Xvid file that I had in my Library>Quicktime folder, emptied the trash, reopened Toast 7 and it worked.

THANK YOU TSANTEE!!