• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Turning Cassettes into CD'S

nursescruffy

Question

I have tried several times to record my cassettes. Using the proper cables connected to the "out" R & L using the Y connector into the "IN" on the back of the computer. I also tried using the mic in. It says it downloads it. However, I cannot play anything back. I have no sound at all. What is wrong? You can send answers to my e-mail if you would. Because I don't know if I will be able to get back to this page. nursescruffy@hotmail.com Thank you for your time.

8 answers to this question

I have tried several times to record my cassettes. Using the proper cables connected to the "out" R & L using the Y connector into the "IN" on the back of the computer. I also tried using the mic in. It says it downloads it. However, I cannot play anything back. I have no sound at all. What is wrong? You can send answers to my e-mail if you would. Because I don't know if I will be able to get back to this page. nursescruffy@hotmail.com Thank you for your time.

Would explain what you mean by " It says it downloads it ". Also what program in Creator 2010 are you using?, what O/S do you have?,

Make sure that you have selected the Line In on your sound card (if that is what you are connected too). Go into the Sounds and Audio Devices in the Control Panel for this.

Edited by ogdens

I am experiencing the same issue:

Win7 64-bit Home Premium on 2.2GHz single-core Athlon 64 3200+ processor, 2GB RAM

Creator 2010 with SP2: Roxio LP and Tape Assistant

I've selected "Line (USB 2861 Device)" using the Roxio Video Capture USB dongle UB315-E ver 2

I see the input channels wiggle, I can hear the material over my speakers, the auto level set funciton appears to do it's thing and set my levels.

Audio format: WAV, stereo, 16-bit, 44.1KHz

Track detection enabled for 3sec gap, seems to detect the right gaps

I hit record, I let it run for 30 seconds or so, I stop the recording, I can play back the material from that track without issue.

I rewind, hit record again, and let it record for over an hour (audio off of stereo VHS LP mode), I stop recording, there is apparently nothing recorded on the new track. There is time allocated, and my system believes that GBs of disk space are gone, but there is no sound on the track.

I've tried messing with various settings three times now. Does it not believe I'm registered? That's the only explanation I have for recording very short tracks but not long tracks.

I work for AMD; I have a lot of PC experience. This isn't a control panel or Realtek mixer setting issue.

Thanks,

Paul

Is this product supposed to be uploading it to my computer of directly onto the disk? And sorry, I do not know what O/S is.

nursescruffy; O/S is operating system (XP Sp2, Vista Sp, Windows 7.)

My preference is NOT to use LP and Tape Assistant but to use "Capture Audio from Sound Card"

Try this application and come back to tell us if you are still having issues.

Edited by sknis

My first question would be no matter which app you're using is are the meters moving when you think you're recording?

If not then you're not recording anything,thus a blank recording.

If they're not moving then check things like your connection to Line In and the choices in the app for Capture from and Input.

]This is the second post I have made. Can't seem to get an answer. I have the connections out & in properly. My drives are updated. Using Vista. For some reason, after it says the transfer is complete (now only using 1 song at a time) I still have no sound. My sound card works fine on regular cd's and ones I have downloaded off the internet. However, this one feature for which I bought this product for in the first place is not working properly. I had Roxio 7 I think that was the one, and had no problems out of it. At that time I could turn my tapes into cd's without any problems whatsoever. However that one does not work on Vista. Please help me. Thank you.

]This is the second post I have made. Can't seem to get an answer. I have the connections out & in properly. My drives are updated. Using Vista. For some reason, after it says the transfer is complete (now only using 1 song at a time) I still have no sound. My sound card works fine on regular cd's and ones I have downloaded off the internet. However, this one feature for which I bought this product for in the first place is not working properly. I had Roxio 7 I think that was the one, and had no problems out of it. At that time I could turn my tapes into cd's without any problems whatsoever. However that one does not work on Vista. Please help me. Thank you.

One of the issues is that you have not responded to the suggestions that were made in the other thread. Are you answer shopping? Have the courtesy to go to the other post and tell us what have you tried. A respost of the same question without responding to the last one will typically get you no new suggestions.

One of the issues is that you have not responded to the suggestions that were made in the other thread. Are you answer shopping? Have the courtesy to go to the other post and tell us what have you tried. A respost of the same question without responding to the last one will typically get you no new suggestions.

I have tried to answer several times. And thanks to all of you who have tried to help. I did try the Easy Audio Capture and it worked. I am playing the cd now. However when I tried to do something it said that the SCS device not installed. So still not sure if it is working the way it is supposed to. How do I get this device installed? And if anyone knows the answer to this, please send it to my e mail because for some reason my answers are not getting posted here. nursescruffy@hotmail.com Thanks again for your help.

I have tried to answer several times. And thanks to all of you who have tried to help. I did try the Easy Audio Capture and it worked. I am playing the cd now. However when I tried to do something it said that the SCS device not installed. So still not sure if it is working the way it is supposed to. How do I get this device installed? And if anyone knows the answer to this, please send it to my e mail because for some reason my answers are not getting posted here. Thanks again for your help.

Spammers are the only ones who will send anything to your e-mail address. You should edit your post to remove your e-mail address.