Video Copy & Convert Opens Itunes Application

gary_morris

Question

I just upgraded to Roxio 2010 Service Pack 2 and also upgrade to Itunes 9.0.3 and everytime I run Video Copy and Convert, Itunes launches. If I try to close Itunes, it will just keep automatically relaunching by itself just as long as I still have Video Copy and Convert running. Is this a bug or by design? Why should Itunes be forced to remain open and running whenever I have VCC running?

5 answers to this question

I just upgraded to Roxio 2010 Service Pack 2 and also upgrade to Itunes 9.0.3 and everytime I run Video Copy and Convert, Itunes launches. If I try to close Itunes, it will just keep automatically relaunching by itself just as long as I still have Video Copy and Convert running. Is this a bug or by design? Why should Itunes be forced to remain open and running whenever I have VCC running?

Sounds to me like you have all file association on the PC set to iTunes. When you try and use a file in Roxio Video Copy and Convert, iTunes launches automatically because of the file association...

Never set file association to any one program..

cd

Sounds to me like you have all file association on the PC set to iTunes. When you try and use a file in Roxio Video Copy and Convert, iTunes launches automatically because of the file association...

Never set file association to any one program..

cd

I'm afraid you are wrong in this case as I've had Roxio 2010 installed with Itunes for months and it wasn't until I installed SP2 and updated Itunes to 9.0.3 that this problem started occuring. It has nothing to do with file associations. What would make Itunes launch over and over by itself whenever I start and run VCC? VCC first starts up, then pulls up Itunes along with it. If I close Itunes and VCC is still running, Itunes will automatcially keep launching. What is the fix?

Edited by gary_morris

I'm afraid you are wrong in this case as I've had Roxio 2010 installed with Itunes for months and it wasn't until I installed SP2 and updated Itunes to 9.0.3 that this problem started occuring. It has nothing to do with file associations. What would make Itunes launch over and over by itself whenever I start and run VCC? VCC first starts up, then pulls up Itunes along with it. If I close Itunes and VCC is still running, Itunes will automatcially keep launching. What is the fix?

What did you update LAST Roxio C2010 SP2 or iTunes?

cd

What did you update LAST Roxio C2010 SP2 or iTunes?

cd

I believe I updated to Roxio SP2, then updated Itunes. I've updated Itunes prevoiusly and have never had this problem before with it launching by itself whenever VCC is running or launched. It's as if VCC has take control of the Itunes app or hooked itself into it so there's no way to keep Itunes closed whenever VCC is running. Pretty annoying. Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi Gary

Unplug any itunes device connected to your computer and itunes should not open when you start video copy and convert.

Cheers

Barnfly47

"Computers!!! The gods are driving me crazy."