• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

kjackso1

Blu-Ray Menu Not Seen on Blu-ray Players

Question

Using Toast 9 & HD/BD Plug-in add on to create Blu-ray discs on DVD-R. (Quad G5 is not intel so cannot use Toast 10 Pro). When I put the finished disc in Blu-ray Pioneer BDP-120 player, the movie plays fine but the menu is invisible. In "Fast Path to Blu-ray" book by Bruce Nazarian on p 52 he says this is a problem with Toast 10. Is this the same problem for 9? Can it be fixed? Is there a work around?

1 answer to this question

Using Toast 9 & HD/BD Plug-in add on to create Blu-ray discs on DVD-R. (Quad G5 is not intel so cannot use Toast 10 Pro). When I put the finished disc in Blu-ray Pioneer BDP-120 player, the movie plays fine but the menu is invisible. In "Fast Path to Blu-ray" book by Bruce Nazarian on p 52 he says this is a problem with Toast 10. Is this the same problem for 9? Can it be fixed? Is there a work around?

I believe this is the same problem that has existed since Toast 9.

It should be noted, this only happens on CERTAIN BD players - not all!

The only known solution I am aware of is to upgrade to Toast 10.0.5. I found that the 10.0.3 upgrade fixed this,

and i"m assuming (hopefully correctly) that the problem remains fixed in 10.0.4 and 10.0.5 - I haven't had time to check them both out specifically to see if this is the case..