• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Does Roxio Burn Conflict with Win 7 Media Center?

niner

Question

I have been unable to use the "Burn DVD" feature in Windows Media Center (Windows 7). The burn always freezes when I'm about 25-30% into it. I just recently built the system and installed Roxio 2010. Years ago when I had an older Roxio product, I remember dealing with conflicting burn engines. Could the burn engine used in Media Center be conflicting with Roxio burn? If so, is there a way to uninstall the Roxio burn element; or do I need to uninstall all of Roxio & then re-install without Roxio Burn?

Thanks for any advice before I start messing up unrelated items...

3 answers to this question

You can't 'uninstall' the burning part of a burning app - that wouldn't make any sense

I run W7 Ultimate here and have no problems with any clash (in fact I never have had a clash).

The only thing I do recall ever causing that type of problem was when Srag to Disc (or its earlier incarnations) were installed alongside Nero's InCD - two packet writing apps can'y co-exist). As D2D was dropped some time ago, this confilict isn't likely to reoccur

Thanks for the input.

What I meant to ask was a potential conflict with the drag to disk "Roxio Burn" placed on the desktop. I'm also running Win 7 Ultimate. On a laptop with Win 7 but no Roxio installed, I'm able to use the "Burn DVD" function directly within Windows Media Center. On my Win 7 Ultimate desktop box with Roxio 2010 installed, the burn moves 10 times slower along the progress bar and never completes. If there is no known conflict with Windows Media Center burning function and Roxio Burn to Disk, perhaps I have another problem to diagnose in the newly built system.

Burn to Disc is really just a shortcut (I normally disable that feature as I find it a bit annoying). All it does is detect a blank disc and offer to burn to it

The built in W7 burning is packet writing (to the best of my kowledge) and that's something I avoid like the plague