• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error burning HD disc

sj200fan

Question

I have finally loaded the BD Plug-ins for Toast 10 Titanium Pro. I am running the latest version of 10.0.6. I am attempting to make an HD DVD using standard 4.7GB DVD. My source is an iMovie 09 HD movie. During the encoding process I keep getting an error message " Could not record the disc because there is a problem with the source material."

Result Code = -18771.

I have tried different iMovie 09 files, but it seems when the encoding process is about 50% complete , the error pops up. I have tried different discs, re-publishing the iMovie project, but no difference. Incidentally, the iMovie project looks great on my Web Gallery. I am not sure where to even begin to troubleshoot.

Any thoughts or idea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

3 answers to this question

How did you add the iMovie video to Toast? Did you access the iMovie project using the Toast Media Browser?

Hi, tsantee,

That's exactly what I did. In the Toast Media Browser I found the iMovie I wanted an pulled it

across to Toast. I tried a few more times with other iMovie files and got the same error. Do I need

to have HD DVD? Is there such a thing as a HD DVD? The Toast manual indicates you can use a standard DVD

and burn it as BD which in essence will give you an HD (not BD) DVD. It can then only be played in a BD player.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Hi, tsantee,

That's exactly what I did. In the Toast Media Browser I found the iMovie I wanted an pulled it

across to Toast. I tried a few more times with other iMovie files and got the same error. Do I need

to have HD DVD? Is there such a thing as a HD DVD? The Toast manual indicates you can use a standard DVD

and burn it as BD which in essence will give you an HD (not BD) DVD. It can then only be played in a BD player.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

I'll have to get back to you about this after doing some research. Yes, you can burn a Blu-ray video to standard video DVDs and have them play on set top Blu-ray players.