• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

PCi Express Card and EMC10

Yukonssong

Question

I just built a new computer and it has PCi Express built on the motherboard - ATI Radeon HD 4200. When I try to start up either DVD Express or MyDVD, I get a message that it has insufficient graphics capabilities and may not fully support DirectX 9.0. Even after downloading and installing the latest DirectX 9 patches, etc. from Microsoft, I still get the message. Is there a solution short of buying a graphics card?

3 answers to this question

I just built a new computer and it has PCi Express built on the motherboard - ATI Radeon HD 4200. When I try to start up either DVD Express or MyDVD, I get a message that it has insufficient graphics capabilities and may not fully support DirectX 9.0. Even after downloading and installing the latest DirectX 9 patches, etc. from Microsoft, I still get the message. Is there a solution short of buying a graphics card?

Your Radeon HD 4200 is an onboard (shared Memory) graphics chip..

It has Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1 support.

Have you updated to new drivers from the ATI site?

I received the same error installing C2010 the first two times and I have a dedicated ATI 4850 HD Video Card.

New ATI drivers solved the problem for me...

Is this the error you see?

post-97-1266021037.jpg

cd

That is the error message I am receiving.

When I go to the ATI site, I receive a "Service Unavailable. The requested service is temporarily unavailable. It is either overloaded or under maintenance. Please try later." Going in to the site by a different route, the message is that the servers are down for maintenance, so I guess I'll try later.

Thanks for the response.

Finally got to the ATI site on Monday, downloaded the latest and greatest drivers, and voila! It worked. At least up to the point where it told me I needed to validate mpeg-2. Went on a quest to find that answer, did a complete clean install of EMC 10 and now everything works. I've even been able to burn a DVD.

Thanks much for the help.