I see the screen but not the dvd movie while capturing

dennisarner

Question

All of the sudden, after the laptop I use to play the dvds suddenly decided it needed to "UPDATE", I can see the screen on the capturing computer, and even the windows media player window. But when I play the movie I get a black screen. If I plug the player into my TV I get the same thing. My other computer plugged into the TV the same way works fine. So it appears to be something that changed on the player laptop. Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

All of the sudden, after the laptop I use to play the dvds suddenly decided it needed to "UPDATE", I can see the screen on the capturing computer, and even the windows media player window. But when I play the movie I get a black screen. If I plug the player into my TV I get the same thing. My other computer plugged into the TV the same way works fine. So it appears to be something that changed on the player laptop. Any ideas?

Update from who, what, where?

cd

I played around with my display settings and got it back. I could not understand why I could see the windows media player screen, along with whatever else was on my "donor" display, but could not see the actual movie. I fixed it, but I still don't understand it. The update was a Windows Update. I am now in real estate. I was a "computer guy" from 1992 until 2004 full time professionally. I always have seen Microsoft products as POS.