Has ANYONE ever had an .ISO file that did not work

Blu-Rey

Question

I am going insane. I have other posts that explain a project I have been working on forever. I have made many coasters.

I gave up and now have a new drive. I had a GGW-H20L which did not read any Panasonic BD media. I bought a BH08LS20 and now the Panasonic BD-RE single layer works fine. So I tried again to burn an .ISO I created using the remaining Panasonic BD-R 50GB media that I had... I can't return them anyway.

More $ down the drain.

So, before I go spend more money and buy different media (I have to find it 1st), has anyone burned an .ISO file that "passes" all the checks and verifications but then does not work at all?

One desperate idea... I noticed a few times when I was creating menus and placing movies on the menus that it would try to force me to have only 3 movies on every menu.

Right now I have the following tree:

TOP MENU _______ Misc 1 vids -- links to about 5-6 vids on one screen

|

|

|

|

|____ Misc 2 vids -- links to about 12 vids on one screen

Is this a problem? It never fails any checks plus it allowed me to do it (render and create an ISO.. all the previews etc work fine).

I am really sick and tired of Roxio writing the .ISO then also passing the "verification" of the BD when it is done... then it does not work. The discs are totally unreadable, I can't even try to see file structures etc.

18 answers to this question

A little hard to believe that in the 2 months that have passed, you couldn't have ordered and received some RE discs… Even if you were in Antarctica, they would have been delivered by now :lol:

I do not "verify" or "check" any project as it is next to useless…

At the moment I have made about 25 BD burns, a couple being data disc experiments. In the way of BD Movies, 5 were not successful…

Of the 5 they were all Folder projects! And they were done as part of my initial BD testing. Conclusion? FOLDER PROJECTS cannot be burned to BD!

There are only 2 ways to burn a BD Movie in 2009/2010!

Directly from the Authoring program…

As an ISO BUT only when burned using Burn Data Disc or Burn Data Disc-Advanced.

You listed no information as to How You Burned your ISO files???

But unless you get some RE discs, there isn't much point of pursuing this.

I did some searching before my post for some Verbatim RE discs, and... after all the advice I found that they don't make 50gig REs! Do you recommend another brand? I saw Sony and Panasonic (my 25GB Panasonic RE only works in one of my drives, and the 50GB R's don't work in either). I have a Verbatim BD-R on order. I need 50GB to write this project.

I created the ISO using Creator 2009, told it I wanted a BD-R .ISO.

In Summary:

I create an .ISO using Roxio MyDVD (same place I assembled the project) (Burn button) with target media BD-R.

I then use "Burn Disc Image" from Roxio Creator 2009 screen. I choose my ISO then "copy to" my blank disc. Then I press the "go" button.

I might try chopping up my project into <25GB and using my new drive write the the 25GB RE disc that I have.. I think I start doing that now.

I did some searching before my post for some Verbatim RE discs, and... after all the advice I found that they don't make 50gig REs! Do you recommend another brand? I saw Sony and Panasonic (my 25GB Panasonic RE only works in one of my drives, and the 50GB R's don't work in either). I have a Verbatim BD-R on order. I need 50GB to write this project.

I created the ISO using Creator 2009, told it I wanted a BD-R .ISO.

In Summary:

I create an .ISO using Roxio MyDVD (same place I assembled the project) (Burn button) with target media BD-R.

I then use "Burn Disc Image" from Roxio Creator 2009 screen. I choose my ISO then "copy to" my blank disc. Then I press the "go" button.

I might try chopping up my project into <25GB and using my new drive write the the 25GB RE disc that I have.. I think I start doing that now.

My one and only 50GB RE is Sony – they don't make discs but I think their QC requirements are pretty high.

Well the 25GB "fit to disc .ISO" BD-RE copy worked in my new drive, after 2 tries.

I finally got my Verbatim 50GB BD-R in the mail and tried writing the 50GB version of the .ISO that in the new drive. It did NOT WORK.

I am SO SICK AND TIRED of ruining discs. Wish I knew Sony BD-RE was an option before I ordered the Verbatim disc (before Jim's reply), I had only read or remembered that Verbatim were the recommended. So, maybe one day I will buy Sony BD-REs, right now I am livid as I have so much time and money in this and no results that I have to cool off about it.

Well the 25GB "fit to disc .ISO" BD-RE copy worked in my new drive, after 2 tries.

I finally got my Verbatim 50GB BD-R in the mail and tried writing the 50GB version of the .ISO that in the new drive. It did NOT WORK.

I am SO SICK AND TIRED of ruining discs. Wish I knew Sony BD-RE was an option before I ordered the Verbatim disc (before Jim's reply), I had only read or remembered that Verbatim were the recommended. So, maybe one day I will buy Sony BD-REs, right now I am livid as I have so much time and money in this and no results that I have to cool off about it.

What is the total length of time for your Project?

I don't even have any 50 GB BD-R's, just the one RE.

If you can tell me the total length I will be happy to duplicate it and try out my RE with it.

You seemed to have slipped into the old Programmers Fix :lol: Something isn't right so you look through the code, find and fix something then compile… Nope, do it again, again, again, always believing 'this is the fix'

Never works! And burning is the same way… :(

Hi, the project reports used 52529.9MB, free 5910.1 MB (time remaining 00:51:13) when Blu-Ray 50GB is selected, High Quality.

Total length in TIME of your project. as you know it from adding up the time from each video. Do not use the guestimate from the program.

Jim is it still running or did you wife catch you? lol

No, I gave up :(

No matter how I twisted or turned I always ended up with an AuthorScript error… :angry:

Somewhere in there I did manage to get an 1:45 AVCHD project to ISO but it took many different approaches before it worked…

That ISO worked fine but it was only about 1/3 of your Project.

Hi all - well I am still trying to get this project to burn on 50GB disc. So my question still stands, has anyone ever gotten a 50GB ISO to actually work using Creator 2009?

I receive no errors creating the .ISO, I have done it several times. I have tried 2 brands of players, 2 or more (memory fails) brands of discs.

Spend HOURS and HOURS authoring this... and still don't have a disc I can use.

Disc burns either end in error, or complete with no errors but I can't play them back.

So I spent another week trying all kinds of combination's. I finally have a way to mount the iso file (Creator 2011). I CAN NOT get a project larger than 25GB to work. Under 25 will create a usable .ISO and I am able to burn it to disc.

But of course v2011 brings another problem. I was stupid and upgraded to 2011 thinking this would help. I can still only create ISO files under 25 GB and on top of that, randomly it changes the aspect ratios of my videos. When I view the projects individually they are correct, when I burn them (or create .iso) SOME change to 4:3.

2009 doesn't do this. Any hints? My goal is in 3 years time to get just one successful project done. Why can't I lock the aspect ratio? There is no place to set it.. only when you create the video project in myDVD.. they are set to 16:9 but Creator 2011 seems to ignore that.

After another experiment I can be more precise.

In MyDVD, with disc set to 50GB, A project of size 28385.3 MB as indicated within MyDVD created an .ISO that was 24532232KB. The .ISO did not work (no errors during creation, it just plays a black screen).

The same project after I cut it down to 27858.2 MB created an .ISO that was 21,810,112KB. That .ISO works perfectly.