• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

scene detection problem

Glader

Question

Using Creator 2010 Pro, going into "edit video - advanced" Videowave, opening new production, right click on video, select scene detection, manually select scenes, when finished click "ok", window closes and the scenes are not part of the video - there is not a drop down arrow for scenes.

Tried this 3 or 4 times and it will not save scene selections, what am I doing wrong?

Am running windows 7. Have tried placing avi in seperate media folder. Have tried selecting all scenes prior to clicking "ok." Have tried to run "repair program" and have uninstalled and reinstalled roxio.

Unable to work scenes in story line...i.e. transitions, trim and add to text scenes ext. if unable to create scenes in the first place.

6 answers to this question

Using Creator 2010 Pro, going into "edit video - advanced" Videowave, opening new production, right click on video, select scene detection, manually select scenes, when finished click "ok", window closes and the scenes are not part of the video - there is not a drop down arrow for scenes.

Tried this 3 or 4 times and it will not save scene selections, what am I doing wrong?

Am running windows 7. Have tried placing avi in seperate media folder. Have tried selecting all scenes prior to clicking "ok." Have tried to run "repair program" and have uninstalled and reinstalled roxio.

Unable to work scenes in story line...i.e. transitions, trim and add to text scenes ext. if unable to create scenes in the first place.

Take a look through the illustrated post at the top called Chapters Scenes and Things

It is all in there.

Take a look through the illustrated post at the top called Chapters Scenes and Things

It is all in there.

Issue is resolved.

I went into the public forum area and scanned the subject lines for similar issues. I found that others needed to regenerate or reformat avi’s when transferred from another system. Since my avi had been captured on a Windows XP 32 bit and I had copied and pasted onto a Windows 7 64 bit to work on I figured this was the problem.

I was naïve enough to think that the avi was pure enough to work with and since I’m not techno savy enough to reformat the avi…yet. And since I still had the video in it’s original form, I just recaptured the video with the newer/better system.

From there on everything worked as it was supposed to and it was so much more fun to walk through the steps than it had been on the older system last fall.

Issue is resolved.

I went into the public forum area and scanned the subject lines for similar issues. I found that others needed to regenerate or reformat avi’s when transferred from another system. Since my avi had been captured on a Windows XP 32 bit and I had copied and pasted onto a Windows 7 64 bit to work on I figured this was the problem.

I was naïve enough to think that the avi was pure enough to work with and since I’m not techno savy enough to reformat the avi…yet. And since I still had the video in it’s original form, I just recaptured the video with the newer/better system.

From there on everything worked as it was supposed to and it was so much more fun to walk through the steps than it had been on the older system last fall.

Don't know what to tell you other than your conclusion is completely wrong and your solution is unnecessary… :huh:

If Media Selector can open a file and select scenes, there is nothing wrong with the files…

Likewise capturing on a 16 bit, 32 bit or 64 bit system has absolute nothing to do with anything.

I only point that out because I don't want someone coming in here and quoting a completely wrong posting as proof that Roxio is no good ;)

Hi Jim,

I just upgraded from Creator 10 to 2010 and am experiencing a similar problem. If I try to create scenes in an AVI file captured using Creator 10 I get 2 scenarios.....

1. If I manually select scenes - they appear in the scene detection window - but when I finish and return to the file in the my media window there is no black arrow indicating I can expand the scenes.

2. If I autodetect scenes - the preview window plays right through but no scenes appear in the detection window.

Either way, I have no access to scenes.

Now, I also have a few clips taken with a digital camera - these are MPG files copied straight off the memory card. I can detect and access these scenes OK.

Maybe there is an issue detecting scenes in AVI files created by earlier Creator versions ?

Regards

Ian

Just to add to the last post....

I realised that the project I was working with had been started in Creator 10, so I removed the avi from the project, then located it again on the file system and tried scene detection again.

This time, if I create the scenes manually, they are "saved" and accessible via the my media tab in the project. I still get no scenes if I try and autodetect (no matter what the sensitivity). I can live with the manual scene creation but its still strange.

Before you ask, the clip is approx 10 mins in total and the result of several separate recordings on a tape - so there are plenty of obvious scenes that I would expect auto detect to pick up. I think when I originally used this avi in a Creator 10 project it would have auto detected around 30 scenes.

Ian

Just to add to the last post....

I realised that the project I was working with had been started in Creator 10, so I removed the avi from the project, then located it again on the file system and tried scene detection again.

This time, if I create the scenes manually, they are "saved" and accessible via the my media tab in the project. I still get no scenes if I try and autodetect (no matter what the sensitivity). I can live with the manual scene creation but its still strange.

Before you ask, the clip is approx 10 mins in total and the result of several separate recordings on a tape - so there are plenty of obvious scenes that I would expect auto detect to pick up. I think when I originally used this avi in a Creator 10 project it would have auto detected around 30 scenes.

Ian

I am having the scene problem with scene detection. I can autocreate a batch of scenes, but after I hit the OK button, they don't appear in media selector. The only views in media selector contain either media files or folders--none of the scenes that were autodetected. The same is true of manually selected scenes. Nada. What's odd is that when I created my first video production, I was able to use this feature successfully. I've seen the online video with instructions for scene detection:

http://saknis.net/Roxio/scenes%20in%20Vide...deo%20Wave.html

But when I get to the point where I click OK, unlike in the video, I don't get any of the scenes displayed in media selector. I've played around with changing views, undocking media selector, everything I can think of, but it seems as if the scenes that were detected vanish into thin air.