• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio takes over erase and format functions

guybc

Question

5 answers to this question

Windows XP handles 'erase' and 'format" in MY Computer quickly and easily. EMC 8 forces you to install Drag to disk, which takes up time.

Is there a way to disable this function and keep Roxio from interfering?

If it is in your tray, go to msconfig/Startup, and uncheck the box for the D2D listing. It may be listed as DrgToDsc. Click Apply, Ok, then reboot.

Drag to Disc should no longer take control over your optical drives. Keep in mind that you can only erase RW discs.

Windows XP handles 'erase' and 'format" in MY Computer quickly and easily. EMC 8 forces you to install Drag to disk, which takes up time.

Is there a way to disable this function and keep Roxio from interfering?

EMC 8 Does NOT force you to install Drag to Disc. You can decide not to install it by using a custom install if you want:

post-208-1266133551.jpg

OR you can disable it temporarily with MSConfig, or permanently by uninstalling it or removing it from the startup entry in your registry.

However - I got rid of drag to disc with custom install. R click on properties revealed 'erase disk', but procedure failed with a note mentioning Roxio. The disk name is 'Roxio 1'.

I have also banished d2d in msconfig.

Any other ideas to prevent Roxio from interfering!?

However - I got rid of drag to disc with custom install. R click on properties revealed 'erase disk', but procedure failed with a note mentioning Roxio. The disk name is 'Roxio 1'.

I have also banished d2d in msconfig.

Any other ideas to prevent Roxio from interfering!?

Hello,

If you "got rid of Drag to Disc with a custom install", you wouldn't be able to "banish" it in MSConfig, because it wouldn't be there. Unchecking D2D in a custom install doesn't remove it, it just prevents it being installed.

You need to tell MSConfig to leave it alone and then uninstall it properly, either separately through Add/Remove programs or by doing a complete uninstall of Easy Media Creator.

Once you've done that and restarted Windows, you should be able to erase a CDRW properly without interference from the packet-writer.

THEN you do a custom reinstall of Easy Media Creator without Drag to Disc.

If you're still getting erase problems after this, please come back with full details.