Roxio creator 2010 will not load after clicking the Icon

Cyrus

Question

I just installed Roxio Creator 2010 and it took me 4+ hours to do that. I teminated the first installation, the second installation took 45 minutes and the software suggested me to reboot and that the installation was completed.

Now I cannot start the program by clicking the "Roxio Creator 2010" icon on my desktop. I get the splash screen with ROXIO but nothing else happens. I can open Creator classic and the other programs from the Programs menu.

Is this a problem that exist with certain user becasue I did not find anything like that on the forum.

All Roxio programs before Roxio Creator 2009 were great.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer to this question

I just installed Roxio Creator 2010 and it took me 4+ hours to do that. I teminated the first installation, the second installation took 45 minutes and the software suggested me to reboot and that the installation was completed.

Now I cannot start the program by clicking the "Roxio Creator 2010" icon on my desktop. I get the splash screen with ROXIO but nothing else happens. I can open Creator classic and the other programs from the Programs menu.

Is this a problem that exist with certain user becasue I did not find anything like that on the forum.

All Roxio programs before Roxio Creator 2009 were great.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

First try making sure that you have done these things then try a repair from the Windows Add or Remove programs. If that doesn't work, use Revo uninstaller in the moderate mode. If all else fails, do a clean install.. Scroll don on that page for XP.

Update to Creator 2009 SP2 once you have it working.