burned DVDs not usable

billdcat

I am trying to burn music files to a DVD. When I use Creator Classic, I get an error about a time out error. The suggested fix is to change media, restart the computer or re-install Creator Classic. I have checked the DVDs on other machines and the one that they were burned on. The files are visible, but not usable: no program will open them. I tried the Drag-to-Disc, and the files burned but can only be used on the machine they were burned on, even though I set the burn up to make the files usable on other drives. My computer is running XP. I have tried several different brands of media and get the same results. The drive the DVDs were burned on is a Memorex, so no help there. Do I have a bum drive or is there something I can do with the software?

I am trying to burn music files to a DVD. When I use Creator Classic, I get an error about a time out error. The suggested fix is to change media, restart the computer or re-install Creator Classic. I have checked the DVDs on other machines and the one that they were burned on. The files are visible, but not usable: no program will open them. I tried the Drag-to-Disc, and the files burned but can only be used on the machine they were burned on, even though I set the burn up to make the files usable on other drives. My computer is running XP. I have tried several different brands of media and get the same results. The drive the DVDs were burned on is a Memorex, so no help there. Do I have a bum drive or is there something I can do with the software?

Not really following this… You reference this machine and that machine, one burned files another didn't???

One thing you must realize is that your software has been out of production for 6 to 7 years!

It could be that your Burner is not recognized by EMC 6.1… It was better at this than EMC 5 BUT dynamic drive recognition was in its' infancy when EMC 6 was written.

Has that Burner ever worked with EMC 6?

Like Jim I am confused by your post. Exactly what are you trying to do? Simply archive your music files on a DVD? Because that is pretty all you can do with that program and DVDs. Where are the files visible? What does "Not usable" mean? What program are you using to try and open them?

Not really following this… You reference this machine and that machine, one burned files another didn't???

One thing you must realize is that your software has been out of production for 6 to 7 years!

It could be that your Burner is not recognized by EMC 6.1… It was better at this than EMC 5 BUT dynamic drive recognition was in its' infancy when EMC 6 was written.

Has that Burner ever worked with EMC 6?

After I wrote this, I found another post of your's about EMC 6 being broken because of the Windows XP SP3 update which I have. I upgraded to Creator 2010 for $50. A nice valentine, don't you think. That fixed my problem.

Thank you, and my daughter thanks you. Now I can finish digitizing her record collection.

After I wrote this, I found another post of your's about EMC 6 being broken because of the Windows XP SP3 update which I have. I upgraded to Creator 2010 for $50. A nice valentine, don't you think. That fixed my problem.

Thank you, and my daughter thanks you. Now I can finish digitizing her record collection.

:lol: well that is an excellent solution!