• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Willard M

.flv to .wmv conversion

Question

Does anyone have recommendations on a good program, free or otherwise, to download and convert youtube .flv files to .wmv files? I would like to use some of these in my slideshow movies. I would also like to download and convert Hulu movies so I can burn to DVD to show on the telly.

7 answers to this question

Does anyone have recommendations on a good program, free or otherwise, to download and convert youtube .flv files to .wmv files? I would like to use some of these in my slideshow movies. I would also like to download and convert Hulu movies so I can burn to DVD to show on the telly.

Creator 2010? It will capture on-line videos. Perhaps it is tme to upgrade? I don't know of any others off hand but have you Googled for a freebie?

There are quite a few that claim to convert the files. Some will allow download but will not convert. Most are websites that I do not recognize. In some of the slideshows I have made I set up my Canon on a tripod in front of my monitor and copied directly to my camera. It works but loses a lot of quality. I was hoping that some had a quality program they had used from a reputable website. While it may not be completely legal I have used, for example, some of the Disney clips in my slideshows. I do not use these in any business and only for my own personal use. One of my favorites is the NBC peacock for my slideshow introduction.

Firefox has an add-on that allows you to capture YouTube video

"1-click YouTube Video Downloader"

Real player comes to mind (right-click on the movie & select download; use IE as Firefox as too often new updates rendering such plugins unusable!); it will not work though, when the video clip has been marked as copy protected.

Real player comes to mind (right-click on the movie & select download; use IE as Firefox as too often new updates rendering such plugins unusable!); it will not work though, when the video clip has been marked as copy protected.

Will the files be downloaded as .rl so that nothng (or very few programs) will convert them to wmv?

I downloaded Firefox and that went well. I found the program 1 click Video Downloader that gi7omy commented on. I got the message that the program had downloaded but when I went back to Firefox I could not find the program. It is as if it never ever downloaded to my computer. I tried once more with no joy.

Maybe I will just stay with recording the clips on my camera on a tripod.

Thanks to all for your help.

Creator 2010? It will capture on-line videos. Perhaps it is tme to upgrade? I don't know of any others off hand but have you Googled for a freebie?

I tried using the "Video copy & Convert" from Roxio 2010 pro. But usually I will only be able to download part of the video. Usually happens with videos over 4 min.? Any thoughts why? Should I use something different?

windows xp

pentium 4

1 GB Ram