Henri11

-39 error message

Question

I keep on getting error message -39 when burning movies from eye tv on DVD.

What can I do to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance,

Henri

P.S.: I am using leopard and toast 9.07

10 answers to this question

I'm not sure what's causing that error. Are you accessing the EyeTV video using the Toast Media Browser or are you sending it to Toast from EyeTV? Is the video edited in EyeTV? A workaround is to export the video from EyeTV as a MPEG 2 Program Stream and add that file to Toast.

Getting this errror multiple times going from EyeTV to Toast. Any solution?

I've been reading that it could be related to a permission error but nothing definite.

R.

Toast 9.0.7

Mac OSX 10.6.2

Add on: According to Apple Support Site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1618

The -39 Error relates to: -39 eofErr End of file; no additional data in the format

That just makes me ask more questions :)

The exact error message: Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error

Result Code = -39

Edited by rickthemedtech

Getting this errror multiple times going from EyeTV to Toast. Any solution?

I've been reading that it could be related to a permission error but nothing definite.

R.

Toast 9.0.7

Mac OSX 10.6.2

Add on: According to Apple Support Site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1618

The -39 Error relates to: -39 eofErr End of file; no additional data in the format

That just makes me ask more questions :)

The exact error message: Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error

Result Code = -39

The solution is what I indicated above as a workaround. Export from EyeTV as an MPEG Program Stream and add that exported file to Toast. I don't know why some transfers from EyeTV work and some don't. But it seems to be an issue with Toast reading the video within the EyeTV package.

The solution is what I indicated above as a workaround. Export from EyeTV as an MPEG Program Stream and add that exported file to Toast. I don't know why some transfers from EyeTV work and some don't. But it seems to be an issue with Toast reading the video within the EyeTV package.

But I can understand the work around but it worked fine for months and months and now all of a sudden it no longer works. I am trying to figure out what would cause such a change. Could a quicktime update have done it?

I am getting the same error code:

"Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS error. Result code = -39"

and,

"The file "00001.m2ts" could not be accessed. (Data fork, -39)"

I have a Mac OS X v10.5.8, Toast 9 v9.0.7a, Blu Ray plugin, external Blu Ray burner connected with fire wire 800 and working fine.

I looked over the Sense Key/Code error for Mac products and the Resolving General Burning Issues with Macs Knowledgebase Articles on the Roxio site and made a few of the changes in the Recorder settings. I noticed on the Toast updates pages there was a problem with error code -39 in earlier Toast 9 versions but this should be fixed with this newer version, right?

Any help would be appreciated!

I am getting the same error code:

"Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS error. Result code = -39"

and,

"The file "00001.m2ts" could not be accessed. (Data fork, -39)"

I have a Mac OS X v10.5.8, Toast 9 v9.0.7a, Blu Ray plugin, external Blu Ray burner connected with fire wire 800 and working fine.

I looked over the Sense Key/Code error for Mac products and the Resolving General Burning Issues with Macs Knowledgebase Articles on the Roxio site and made a few of the changes in the Recorder settings. I noticed on the Toast updates pages there was a problem with error code -39 in earlier Toast 9 versions but this should be fixed with this newer version, right?

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm curious about the "00001.m2ts" file. Where could that have come from? If you choose Save as Disc Image (or click the record button) Toast writes its temporary re-encoded files in the Roxio Converted Items folder. Presuming the error doesn't appear at the start of the encoding look inside that folder to see what is being written. Is that where the mysterious .m2ts file is located?

In your case it sounds like you are trying to create a Blu-ray disc rather than a standard video DVD which I believe is the situation with Henri11. I should have responded to his last post that I don't know why it changed but it is just as likely to change back with the next EyeTV recording he does.

I'm curious about the "00001.m2ts" file. Where could that have come from? If you choose Save as Disc Image (or click the record button) Toast writes its temporary re-encoded files in the Roxio Converted Items folder. Presuming the error doesn't appear at the start of the encoding look inside that folder to see what is being written. Is that where the mysterious .m2ts file is located?

In your case it sounds like you are trying to create a Blu-ray disc rather than a standard video DVD which I believe is the situation with Henri11. I should have responded to his last post that I don't know why it changed but it is just as likely to change back with the next EyeTV recording he does.

I tried burning a couple of Blu ray discs today and I got that m2ts message along with the error -39 one... they both popped up just as the burn was finishing up. I looked further down in this forum and saw another person with the same situation as mine, right down to the LaCie Blu Ray burner. I hate to waste any more Blu Ray discs but I'll try Saving as a Disc Image tomorrow and see what happens. So far Roxio Tech Support has not been able to help.

Thanks for responding tsantee.

I tried burning a couple of Blu ray discs today and I got that m2ts message along with the error -39 one... they both popped up just as the burn was finishing up. I looked further down in this forum and saw another person with the same situation as mine, right down to the LaCie Blu Ray burner. I hate to waste any more Blu Ray discs but I'll try Saving as a Disc Image tomorrow and see what happens. So far Roxio Tech Support has not been able to help.

Thanks for responding tsantee.

Have you checked that you have the latest firmware for your LaCie drive?

Have you checked that you have the latest firmware for your LaCie drive?

I've just emailed tech support at LaCie - thanks for the suggestion, tsantee.

Yes I have the most current firmware for my LaCie drive.

My burner manufacturer tech asked me how or if Toast would behave with iMovie files. Could this be the problem, although in the Toast 9 User Guide on pg. 88 it tells how to add an iMovie HD project.

Edited by lynnlouise