saving In and Out points on conversion clips

gudnufta

Question

Running Toast 10.0.6 on Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

First time I've used Toast so I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking, but am stumped. Am converting AVCHD files to Apple ProRes and setting multiple IN and OUT points per clip. Am saving the converted files to a hard drive. Would like to save these settings in case I need to re-convert at some point, but everything except Open, Open Recent and Close is grayed out in the File menu and I can't figure out how to save all my time consuming work.

Would hate to think Toast isn't capable of saving the In and Out points for these clips once you quit the program. Any suggestions? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

I hadn't noticed that before. You are correct that you can't save a project file in the Convert window. I tested doing some edits in the Video window and that project can be saved and reopened with the edits remaining marked. But those can't be transferred to the convert window. I don't have any workaround to suggest. Use the feedback link in Toast help to inform Roxio that you need to be able to save project files in the Convert window. Maybe it can be added to a future release.

I hadn't noticed that before. You are correct that you can't save a project file in the Convert window. I tested doing some edits in the Video window and that project can be saved and reopened with the edits remaining marked. But those can't be transferred to the convert window. I don't have any workaround to suggest. Use the feedback link in Toast help to inform Roxio that you need to be able to save project files in the Convert window. Maybe it can be added to a future release.

Thanks, tsantee. Have since read confirmation of this inexplicable flaw in several reviews also. Roxio FAIL.

Thanks, tsantee. Have since read confirmation of this inexplicable flaw in several reviews also. Roxio FAIL.

Yes, this bites big time. The editing takes forever (around 30 minutes!!!!) for a 3 hour HD source video to load into the Roxio Video Player. Then, one has to go to the same pains to edit the video in the Convert section... then the edits are not saved!!!

Roxio... please fix!

Mace