• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

no audio on dvd played in dvd player

bcmba

Question

new user and have successfully captured a 8mm analog video. the dvd works fine in the pc, but no audio when i play the dvd in the dvd player connected to my tv.

second question - what is the recommended capture settings to get the best video quality i can given the fact that the source is 8mm

3 answers to this question

new user and have successfully captured a 8mm analog video. the dvd works fine in the pc, but no audio when i play the dvd in the dvd player connected to my tv.

second question - what is the recommended capture settings to get the best video quality i can given the fact that the source is 8mm

8mm what? Analog camcorder? If an analog camcorder, what are you using as an A to D converter? A USB connection won't work. Do you have the Roxio capture device or other?

What computer do you have and how much free space on your hard drives. The simple answer is avi but your computer would have a big influence on what you do.

Do you have the full version of Creator 2010 or a different product or even an OEM version. How are you making the DVD. Give us an outline of what steps you are taking.

Have you tried that disc on a different DVD player? Some higher priced players are a bit fickle in what they will play and how.

thanks, sknis. i apologize for the shortness of the post. let me answer some questions and admit a doofus moment.

first the doofus moment - i had taken my tv to another room for hte superbowl and it hit me last night i may not have correctly reconnected the dvd audio - you guessed it, no dvd would have worked. amazingly when i hooked up the dvd CORRECTLY, everything worked. i apolgize for my doofusness

i still would value input on capture settings, so let me give more info:

1. creator 2010 - i think it's the full feature version. i bought it at costco and it came with the roxio capture usb

2. 8mm - it's an 8mm digital camera. my current camera (over 10 years old) is hi8, but i think the original camera with which many of the tapes were recorded was an original that shot video8

3. how i made the dvd - i don't think this question is applicable anymore since i fixed the audio problem, but since i'm new to this, i'll answer in case y'all can offer any advice:

- i capture from the video/movies tab - on the capture video import program. the converter is the roxio video capture usb

- i have tried the capture settings "dv" which is 720x480, avi. my question is that i want to get the best quality without wasting disk space, the options are:

- dvd hq, 720x480 mpeg-2, 8mbps

- dvd sp, 352X480, mpeg-2, 4mbps

- dvd lp, 352x240, mpeg-1, 1.7mbps

- vcd, 352x240, mpeg-1, 1.12mbps

thanks, sknis. i apologize for the shortness of the post. let me answer some questions and admit a doofus moment.

first the doofus moment - i had taken my tv to another room for hte superbowl and it hit me last night i may not have correctly reconnected the dvd audio - you guessed it, no dvd would have worked. amazingly when i hooked up the dvd CORRECTLY, everything worked. i apolgize for my doofusness

i still would value input on capture settings, so let me give more info:

1. creator 2010 - i think it's the full feature version. i bought it at costco and it came with the roxio capture usb

2. 8mm - it's an 8mm digital camera. my current camera (over 10 years old) is hi8, but i think the original camera with which many of the tapes were recorded was an original that shot video8

3. how i made the dvd - i don't think this question is applicable anymore since i fixed the audio problem, but since i'm new to this, i'll answer in case y'all can offer any advice:

- i capture from the video/movies tab - on the capture video import program. the converter is the roxio video capture usb

- i have tried the capture settings "dv" which is 720x480, avi. my question is that i want to get the best quality without wasting disk space, the options are:

- dvd hq, 720x480 mpeg-2, 8mbps

- dvd sp, 352X480, mpeg-2, 4mbps

- dvd lp, 352x240, mpeg-1, 1.7mbps

- vcd, 352x240, mpeg-1, 1.12mbps

If you were a senior, you could blame it as a senior moment. I do have lots of those !. :P

If disc space is an issue,

1) consider getting an external hard drive. That could be Used for capture and storing all those videos.

2) if an external hard drive is not in the budget, capture as the mpg2 720 y 480 if you are going to burn the videos to a DVD. The other formats are good for ??. (special uses). Do not use VCD unless you really want bad video on a CD (not DVD). Many players will not play VCD discs anymore.