Burning audio cd

khu

Question

Hi

I was trying to burn audio cd so that it can be played on any cd player.

However Roxio allowed me to only add 99 mp3 files while the disc had huge free space.

Also, it is not allowing me to burn multi session cd.

I have Windows Vista Home basic.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

The absolute limit for an CD-Audio disc [that can be played on any CD player] is 79.8 minutes, and the maximum number of tracks is 99, according to the 'Red Book' standard specification.

If you are adding MP3 files to a project to be converted and written as CD-Audio, you can reach one or the other of those limits and after that can't go any further. Multi-session discs do not comply with the standard.

If you are writing MP3 files to an ordinary data CD [not audio] you should be able to keep adding files until the disc is full, and may be able to write a multi-session disc. However many applications limit the number of MP3 files which can be written to an MP3 disc.

Hope this helps explain things.

Hi,

Yes i tried writing as an ordinary CD (added MP3 files though) but it still somehow said me only 99 files supported.

Also, when I tried burning 99 mp3 files .. everytime it failed without giving me any error. Do not know what is that i'm missing or doing wrong!!

Hi,

Yes i tried writing as an ordinary CD (added MP3 files though) but it still somehow said me only 99 files supported.

Also, when I tried burning 99 mp3 files .. everytime it failed without giving me any error. Do not know what is that i'm missing or doing wrong!!

"ordinary CD" doesn't really tell us anything. If you mean a Data CD, then you should be doing it in Creator Classic, or from the Home application, as a Data CD.

If you're still in Music Disc Creator, or from the Home application as a Music CD, then you're still going to be limited to 79 minutes of music or 99 tracks, whichever comes first.

I'm guessing that you've still selected an Audio (Music) CD, which is why you're seeing the 99 track limit.

So, which type of disc do you want, a true Audio CD, playable in any audio CD player, or an "MP3 CD", that can only be played in players that support MP3 discs? They're not the same thing.