• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD 8 manual chaptering doesnt work!

lonesamurai75

Question

Hi guys,

I havent used these forums before but now feel the need, I'm stuck and somewhat baffled?????

The problem is to do with MY DVD8 and its manual chaptering.

I really dont know whether Im not doing it right or this program is misbehaving.

I select all my chapter pionts by right clicking the video thumb at the main menu screen and selecting

'edit chapters' after this I move the blue arrow to the appropriote piont and mark it by simply clicking on 'add chapter here' and so on, finally I attempt to test it with 'preview' only to realise that the pionts at which I marked the chapters are not there but instead MYdvd8 has chosen other pionts and no matter how many times I redo this I find it "defaults" back to those pionts!

:):huh::D:D:D

Frustrated and a little confused at present please kindly help

7 answers to this question

When you marked the points manually, did they show up in the right hand pane with the time? I don't think we have seen this problem posted before.

Hi ggrussell,

Thanks for the effort, in answer to your question-absolutely yes they all appeared one by one on the right side as I marked them and giong by this it was seemingly ok so I pressed the ok button and then attempted to preview only to find those exact chapter marks are not there but different marks are there instead, however the exact amount of chapters selected has still correctly been retained.

I have repeated this many times and tried it on more than one of my computers but to no avail ......what gives is this bizarre or just something Ive overlooked?

Be more specific. What do you mean by different marks? Are you saying the chapter marks are at different time than what you set? If so, how much is it off? Are ALL the marks off by the same amount?

Personally, I haven't seen this problem.

Yes thats exactly what Im saying they are different times to what I have set and way off!

For example in one particular documentary Im trying to author the first chapter I set was at 2mins and 19 secs but the first chapter MYdvd8 set was at just over 8 mins.

Yes thats exactly what Im saying they are different times to what I have set and way off!

For example in one particular documentary Im trying to author the first chapter I set was at 2mins and 19 secs but the first chapter MYdvd8 set was at just over 8 mins.

grussell the marks are not all off by the same intervals, it seems to be at sporadic time intervals and this has happened with every single interval.

The only thing that has worked correctly in this regard is that it kept the correct amount of chapters created, that's all! :)

Archived