• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
ALK3997

Multichannel 5.1 & 7.1-Channel LPCM Compatibility?

Question

I'm considering trying DVDit Pro HD again. One thing that I would find very useful is the listed ability to pass-through 5.1-channel and 7.1-channel LPCM audio on a BD. I have been waiting for the cability to output 5.1-channel, 96-kHz, 24-bit LPCM audio for a while - would like to lose the AC3 artifacts.

Unfortunately, when I look at the DVDit Pro HD user's manual and then scan through this forum, it appears that DVDit Pro HD doesn't support multichannel LPCM. Is this true? Certainly the user's manual (in this forum's pinned section) specifically states that only mono and stereo LPCM files won't be transcoded. Multichannel is only listed for AC3 files.

Before purchasing I thought I had better confirm whether or not the latest version of DVDIt Pro HD supports multichannel LPCM?? It is very confusing to see the advertisements that say it is supported and then the user's manual that says it isn't.

Also, will 1080x720 ts MPEG2 files be transcoded if they have embedded AC3 audio within the ts file?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Andy

Edited by ALK3997

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet