• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

000D Error code after photosuite11.exe error code

Tomen8r

Question

I was having issues with Creator 8.X a year or so ago. Someone from Roxio recommended I update to Creator 2009 as my issues will go away I installed it but never really used it till now. I use the program sporadically because it never really has worked for me. Many times I try to open the program, nothing happens. While the program is shown running in the processes tab, it never launches. At the time, I didn’t have time to fix it. Now I needed to use the program again. I launched Roxio Central and it launched, which was surprising since this program has never worked successfully for me, regardless of version. Since updating to 2009, I haven’t been able to do anything successfully. Recently, I clicked Edit Photo’s and received the infamous photosuite11.exe application error. Roxio’s kb site lists tasks that should be performed to complete a clean install. I totally removed the entire Roxio packages according to the kb articles. I am stunned that the instructions tell customers to edit the registry. (what??? Edit registry?). I downloaded the MS uninstall tools and followed every single step – three times! Anyway, I removed every trace of Roxio, followed the directions for removing %temp files, recycled files and followed the msconfig instructions. I had only 8 processes running when trying to install Creator 2009 again. Now I receive the 000D error code during re-installation. I have followed all instructions for that to no avail. Nothing is running, including anti-virus, spam and malware stuff. I have tried installing Roxio on three laptops I own and continually have flame outs. I have tried most options to no avail. This laptop is a Toshiba Portege. Any ideas out there? I haven’t heard back from tech support yet. Thanks in advance ..UGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Here is my info: Date 2010/02/16 10:16:10 [PC Information] Model Name PORTEGE R200 Part Number PPR20U-01S00Q Serial Number 95052782H OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 BIOS Version Version 1.50 CPU Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.20GHz Memory 1272MB RAM Hard Disk Capacity 60,011,642,880 [byte] 55.890 [GB] Hard Disk Free Space Capacity 28,716,212,224 [byte] 26.744 [GB] Video Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family ver=6.14.10.4267 Screen Resolution 1024 x 768 Pixels Color Quality True Color (32 Bit) Sound S

Tomen8r

4 answers to this question

Actually it is - a 1.2 GHz CPU coupled with onboard graphics just lacks the punch needed to do any serious work with Creator 2009.

TYhe 'minimum' specs posted are a joke really (Vista is the same - their 'minimum' will just about let a computer boot but struggle with anything beyond the built in apps)

LOL ... That is certainly not the case, but thanks for your feedback.

I was being kind. It is a low end, by today's standards, and certainly is not fit for doing video work, with the Roxio programs.

It may be good for making audio and data CDs, or DVDs, but that's about it.

Edited by grandpabruce