HD\Blu-Ray Plug-in won't install

AlexJoJo

Question

Hello All,

Originally I installed Creator 2010 and the HD\Blu-Ray Plug-in on a Windows Vista 64 Bit system that has Creator 2009 installed. After reading through different posts reguarding having both on the same system. I used the steps to properly remove 2010 and 2009 on a vista system from this forum. Once done, I went ahead and re-installed Creator 2010, and SP2 along with the HD\Blu-Ray Plug-in. Just to make sure everything was loaded correctly I checked to see if the plug-in was installed. I did this ways: first, under About this Software from the Roxio Home screen. From the lists of programs shown, the HD\Blu-Ray plug-in was not one of them, the other method was looking at the installed programs for my system and the plug-in was not shown.

So after all that I tried to reinstall the HD\Blu-Ray plug-in and still nothing.

Any thoughts as to way this is happening and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks for any help provided.

6 answers to this question

Nope, the Blu-ray icon is grayed out however the AVCHD is avialable if that makes a difference.

Ok just to confirm :

1. You have Roxio Creator 2010 Suite

2. You have Roxio Creator 2010 BD/Hidef plugin

If it is Yes to above, try to locate following reg key and delete and attempt to install the plugin again.

x86 = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{8145224A-6DF9-49B1-ADCD-E3272D024490}

x64 = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{8145224A-6DF9-49B1-ADCD-E3272D024490}