• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video wave 8 Locking up

grasshoppers

Question

5 answers to this question

I think your system is below the EMC 8 requirements especially the video card with only 16MB of video memory. You also do not have a DVD burner so you will not be able to create any DVDs

PLease list your system specs especially video card, "more than adequate cpu" does not tell us anything

From the EMC 8 manual it states that only "1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card. 24-bit or 32-bit true color recommended". It doesn't say anything about amount of onboard memory needed. I know my system is not state of the art, but it has worked well in producing countless movies with VW5 and WMM. The fact that VW* won't work at all is really disturbing.

PS...DVD Burner is externally connected via firewire card on system.

Yes, but what about the processor? :D V 8 requires: For DVD, slideshow or video authoring: 1.2 GHz Intel® Pentium III or equivalent; 256 MB RAM <LI>For real-time MPEG-2 capture and burning: 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 or equivalent

You might be able to do some slide shows but it will be very slow.

Re: Card. myguggi is not arguing with you, just stating the facts. If you feel that Roxio was not complete in giving you the information that allows you to run the program, then contact them. :huh:

I looked at the specs for that card and the information I found was that card was not compatible with XP; When you installed it, did you get that warning? That card design is over 6 years old; time to upgrade the card but that will not really help since your processor is below minimums. I looked for updated drivers but could not find any. :)

The fact that an older program with fewer capabilities would work on your computer does not mean that newer, better technology, with more capabilities will work just as well. Stick with your old program. The problem is not VW 5 AVI/MPG files but your computer. :D

I've the same problem. Have just installing EMC8. Existing AVI/MPEGs produced in VW5 cannot be added to production. Media manager does show media items but system locks up when dragged to timeline. System hangs up when "add files" link is clicked. Cannot add movies or photos or soundfiles.

Compaq Presario 5005CL

1.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon Processor

384 Megabytes Installed Memory

nVIDIA ™ TNT2 ™ Vanta LT Graphics Card with 16 MB video memory

SoundMax® Integrated Digital Audio (AD1881)

Maxtor 80GB Hard drive

Compaq DVD-ROM SD

Philips CDD4801 CD-R/RW

3.5" format removable media

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

DirectX 9.0

when ever i add video's to create a production in video wave 8, the system always locks up on me.

i have more than adequate cpu runnig the software and have recetnly downloaded the patch to EMC 8.05

any suggestions?

I've the same problem. Have just installing EMC8. Existing AVI/MPEGs produced in VW5 cannot be added to production. Media manager does show media items but system locks up when dragged to timeline. System hangs up when "add files" link is clicked. Cannot add movies or photos or soundfiles.

Compaq Presario 5005CL

Maxtor 80GB Hard drive

Compaq DVD-ROM SD

Philips CDD4801 CD-R/RW

DirectX 9.0

Compaq Presario 5005CL

Maxtor 80GB Hard drive

Compaq DVD-ROM SD

Philips CDD4801 CD-R/RW

DirectX 9.0

I think your system is below the EMC 8 requirements especially the video card with only 16MB of video memory. You also do not have a DVD burner so you will not be able to create any DVDs

when ever i add video's to create a production in video wave 8, the system always locks up on me.

i have more than adequate cpu runnig the software and have recetnly downloaded the patch to EMC 8.05

any suggestions?

PLease list your system specs especially video card, "more than adequate cpu" does not tell us anything

Yes, but what about the processor? :D V 8 requires: For DVD, slideshow or video authoring: 1.2 GHz Intel® Pentium III or equivalent; 256 MB RAM <LI>For real-time MPEG-2 capture and burning: 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 or equivalent

You might be able to do some slide shows but it will be very slow.

Re: Card. myguggi is not arguing with you, just stating the facts. If you feel that Roxio was not complete in giving you the information that allows you to run the program, then contact them. :huh:

I looked at the specs for that card and the information I found was that card was not compatible with XP; When you installed it, did you get that warning? That card design is over 6 years old; time to upgrade the card but that will not really help since your processor is below minimums. I looked for updated drivers but could not find any. :)

The fact that an older program with fewer capabilities would work on your computer does not mean that newer, better technology, with more capabilities will work just as well. Stick with your old program. The problem is not VW 5 AVI/MPG files but your computer. :D

Thanks for the info on the card, I will need to check out further. I apprieciate all of your input. From the perspective of a new EMC8 user, there's a lot of frustration with this software. Especially when you consider that I'm a long time VW user, own multiple Roxio products / versions of EMC, WV & MyDVD, am constantly bombarded by Roxio emails to upgrade again, and when you do, the program you need most doesn't work with my configuration, even though other software (WMM) works quite well :D

Archived