Sign in to follow this  
liambirch37

Psp

Question

I have a couple of questions about exporting videos to the PSP format.

1. Is it possible to alter the settings because i have noticed the picture quality to be rather poor compared with some made in ffmpegx for example when i can tailor the options myself.

2. Will there be h.264 support now Sony has revealed the PSP is capable of playing it?

I am using Toast 7.02

Many thanks.

4 answers to this question

"For PSP" is a preset export option from video... instead of choosing that one, choose MPEG4 and then click Options to choose the specific settings that you want.

Edited by fingerman

The PSP doesn't support QT H.264, so until Apple fixes the problem, or Sony supports QT H.264, H.264 will not be on option. ffmpegX H.264 does work, so it may be something in the profile that Apple doesn't allow.

As for MPEG-4, you get the quality that QT has, and that is not always very good. You can use custom MPEG-4 options in Toast to adjust quality, but from my experience they don't work well on the PSP because the PSP format requires some special tweaking to get the QT files to work.

Thanks for the input so far.

Fingerman, i thought that not all mpeg-4 files work on PSP, something about needing a special header? Are you saying that if i chose mpeg-4 and keep within the allowed resolution that this will work?

Thanks again

Just an update, as freshburn says, it doesnt work. Could anyone be kind enough to post a list of parameters that have to be kept for the PSP to recognise the file? I know about the resolution but what about everything else?

Thanks again.