New to this - have some questions

jeninohio

Question

Hi, I am new to making slide shows. I used Movie Maker and found it very easy to use once I got the hang of it, I made a beautiful slideshow with music for my cousin using her wedding photo's. The frustration with Movie Maker came in not being able to record a VCD, so no one can see the slideshow if they don't have a computer. I don't have a DVD recorder, so I need to be able to record a VCD. I have researched lots of photo software and I have decided to purchase Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe but have some questions....1) Is it as easy to use as Movie Maker? 2) Can you time the music/photos easily like you can in Movie Maker? 3) Can you save in VCD format so that the CD can be played on most DVD players? I would appreciate any input from those of you familiar with this program. Thanks!!!

1 answer to this question

1) Easy is in the eyes of the user. I find VideoWave (the function you should use) an easy program to master but probably not as easy as WMM. Take a look at the on-line tutorials to get an idea of the different programs.

2) Yes, you have the ability to precisely time the music with the slides.

3) You can burn projects to VCD or SVCD (higher quality -less time one a CD) Caution, not all DVD players will play VCD or SVCD or even just home burned discs.

Pay special attention to the system requirements - make sure your computer exceeds those requirements especially the video card but everything is important. You will not get away with a marginal computer. If you are not sure, look around for EMC 7 or 7.5. Both programs will also do what you want but with an older, slower computer. If you would like an opinion, post your computer specs.

In my humble opinion, if you have a marginal computer, opt to buy V7 or V7.5 and an external DVD burner. The cost will be about the same as buying the deluxe version and having problems with it.

Hi, I am new to making slide shows. I used Movie Maker and found it very easy to use once I got the hang of it, I made a beautiful slideshow with music for my cousin using her wedding photo's. The frustration with Movie Maker came in not being able to record a VCD, so no one can see the slideshow if they don't have a computer. I don't have a DVD recorder, so I need to be able to record a VCD. I have researched lots of photo software and I have decided to purchase Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe but have some questions....1) Is it as easy to use as Movie Maker? 2) Can you time the music/photos easily like you can in Movie Maker? 3) Can you save in VCD format so that the CD can be played on most DVD players? I would appreciate any input from those of you familiar with this program. Thanks!!!

Archived