• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave Preview Box SOOO Slow

steven_stalinsk

Question

I'm running a Dell Precision 380 with a Pentium D 3.0GHz and 2GB RAM. ATI Radeon X1900 Crossfire edition (512MB). I have 16GB free on the hard drive, but usually save movies the secondary with 150GB free.

I am importing 20-30 MPGs into the storyboard ranging from 50MB to 500MB each.

When I double click the MPG to edit, this is where the trouble starts, but it wasnt always so slow.

The video plays when I click play, but when I Fast Forward or Rewind or even slide the bar along the timeline, it doesnt show it moving in the preview and the time is changing sooo slowly. It will show 00:02:40:07 and then 00:02:40:17 and then 00:02:40:27 and then 00:02:41:07 and so on, but it never shows the video changing until I press play.

The CPU usage is maybe 1-2% when idle and 10-18% when I'm fastwording.

----------------------------------------

Just a quick update... I reinstalled Roxio and the ATI Catalyst Center and it was still doing this. Then all the sudden it started functioning normally. I have no idea why it worked again, but I'm thinking Roxio needs to focus on their product more.

2 answers to this question

Are you sure it's the Roxio software rather than the ATI video card ? Usually when I try and solve a problem with a trial and error situation. I just do one thing at a time to see if that helps. If not then I can try something else. So if you re-installed Roxio and also changed something as far as the ATI setting are concerned, you might not know which change made it start working again. That's probably not much help, but a suggestion.

Are you sure it's the Roxio software rather than the ATI video card ? Usually when I try and solve a problem with a trial and error situation. I just do one thing at a time to see if that helps. If not then I can try something else. So if you re-installed Roxio and also changed something as far as the ATI setting are concerned, you might not know which change made it start working again. That's probably not much help, but a suggestion.

No idea! I havent played with the setting since it started working and then it stopped and went back to the way it was, just faster. So I cant watch the video on fast forward.

Archived