no audio revisited...

jaynew11

Question

hi there, I am sure this audio thing has been visited and revisited by many users of ECM 8. I have ECM 8 deluxe suite/package via a retail store. Pentuim 4 3 GHz, 1GB ram, soundblaster az 2 Platinium, and a sony DV cam that have the firewire capability. The soundblaster card have a firewire connector. I would open roxio, and turn on the camera place it in vcr mode and go to capture and select my sony DV cam. I can fast forward/back/play etc. from the computer, ( controlling the camera from the pc). I hear the sound on the camera as well as the computer speakers as I play and capture. The problem is when the clip is saved, and I now open it, in any of the other parts of roxio to edit or preview, the video is there but there is not audio. It is rather strange that the sound comes in during the capture procedure (plays) but not saved with the video...any suggestions are appreciated. I down loaded all the new drivers for the sound card/console and video drivers and updated. Is there any updates or software hotfixes for ECM 8 deluxe suite???? I will try to get some more info when I get home if anyone thinks that I will need to supply any other specs that might help in solving the problems...thank you, Jay

6 answers to this question

hi there, I am sure this audio thing has been visited and revisited by many users of ECM 8. I have ECM 8 deluxe suite/package via a retail store. Pentuim 4 3 GHz, 1GB ram, soundblaster az 2 Platinium, and a sony DV cam that have the firewire capability. The soundblaster card have a firewire connector. I would open roxio, and turn on the camera place it in vcr mode and go to capture and select my sony DV cam. I can fast forward/back/play etc. from the computer, ( controlling the camera from the pc). I hear the sound on the camera as well as the computer speakers as I play and capture. The problem is when the clip is saved, and I now open it, in any of the other parts of roxio to edit or preview, the video is there but there is not audio. It is rather strange that the sound comes in during the capture procedure (plays) but not saved with the video...any suggestions are appreciated. I down loaded all the new drivers for the sound card/console and video drivers and updated. Is there any updates or software hotfixes for ECM 8 deluxe suite???? I will try to get some more info when I get home if anyone thinks that I will need to supply any other specs that might help in solving the problems...thank you, Jay

Try capturing with Windows Movie Maker to see if you get the same condition. That will tell you if you have a problem with you system or with EMC 8

You have to host the pic on your web space and link HTML to it in your post. There is free small web space available Google it.

cdanteek

well group I got myself a web page at myspace.com and I have been trying to host a pic to show my current setting on my pc. I hope this works..I am putting the link.

http://myspace-297.vo.llnwd.net/00894/79/26/894566297_m.jpg until I figure how to get a larger view of that pic in this forum it is the second pic on my webpage(click on view my pics).

I tried this link but I have to still figure out how to get a larger size pic. .but notice that I don't have the option to change the quality/format of the capture device. I am supposed to be able to change the quality/format? Thanks.. Jay

ps: my url there is http://www.myspace.com/jaynew1

Try capturing with Windows Movie Maker to see if you get the same condition. That will tell you if you have a problem with you system or with EMC 8

thanks for the quick response, I did try windows mover maker and also windv. I both of those programs the camera is not even recognized/seen. Only EMC 8 sees it and I can control it. I am suspecting it is a hardware related problem. At the moment I am trying to see if other people are having similar problems with their fireware/sound card from soundblaster. Seems to be some problems other are expriencing after upgrading to wxp2 and there is a patch fix..which I have not tried yet...from the reading that I am doing I am leaning towards getting dedicated firewire card (another pci slot) specifically for the DV upload, installing new drivers that will come with that card..etc. and see how that goes..I think it might be much less frustration than trying to get the fireware connection on the soundblaster sound card to work. If anyone else have any other suggestions/ideas..I am I will be glad to hear them. I will update when I resolve this is issue and how I manage to do that...thanks Jay

thanks for the quick response, I did try windows mover maker and also windv. I both of those programs the camera is not even recognized/seen. Only EMC 8 sees it and I can control it. I am suspecting it is a hardware related problem. At the moment I am trying to see if other people are having similar problems with their fireware/sound card from soundblaster. Seems to be some problems other are expriencing after upgrading to wxp2 and there is a patch fix..which I have not tried yet...from the reading that I am doing I am leaning towards getting dedicated firewire card (another pci slot) specifically for the DV upload, installing new drivers that will come with that card..etc. and see how that goes..I think it might be much less frustration than trying to get the fireware connection on the soundblaster sound card to work. If anyone else have any other suggestions/ideas..I am I will be glad to hear them. I will update when I resolve this is issue and how I manage to do that...thanks Jay

I just got a new dedicated firewire for my pc and unfortunately I have the same problems...during capture I can hear the audio but after saving and playing back the captured video there is no audio. I am thinking I should be able to change the capture format. I will try adding the clip here so the forum can see the camera that I am using and the setting I have ..I notice that if I use a different card, I am able to change the setting for avi format. as you can see from this shot I do not have the option to change the capture format ..how do i go about doing that with the firewire connection/card. If I use the same camera using a separate svideo and audion cables ..I am able to change the setting and everything works fine...but I am trying to get the best qualilty and from the reading I am thinking the firewire is the best. I am unable to get this firewire setup to work. Any suggestions guys...help??? been several weeks I am fight with this thing...thanks Jay

how do i add an image/pic on this forum???

I just got a new dedicated firewire for my pc and unfortunately I have the same problems...during capture I can hear the audio but after saving and playing back the captured video there is no audio. I am thinking I should be able to change the capture format. I will try adding the clip here so the forum can see the camera that I am using and the setting I have ..I notice that if I use a different card, I am able to change the setting for avi format. as you can see from this shot I do not have the option to change the capture format ..how do i go about doing that with the firewire connection/card. If I use the same camera using a separate svideo and audion cables ..I am able to change the setting and everything works fine...but I am trying to get the best qualilty and from the reading I am thinking the firewire is the best. I am unable to get this firewire setup to work. Any suggestions guys...help??? been several weeks I am fight with this thing...thanks Jay

how do i add an image/pic on this forum???

until I figure out how to add an image/pic ..these are the settng while using the firewire

best quality

720x480 , 29.97 fps

stereo 48.0 kHZ, 16 bits

ps: I cannot seem to be able to change this setting..it is like it just defaults to this everytime. I uninstalled and re-installed the software and got the same results..thanks and again for some advise..Jay

Archived