• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Display Driver Disabled but re-activated (VISTA)

griffer

Question

Just installed Roxio easy VHStoDVD on a Compaq Presario running VISTA (aka YECK)

Files contain Roxio SP2, USB gadget plugged in at time if installation. Software for the USB installed and listed as "USB 2861 Device".

Copy old vinal records to cd works great. I don't have a lot of this, but I wanted to try it.

When I try to copy an old VCR tape, following the instructions exactly (several attempts) my display keeps going black at random times and a message appears saying that "The display driver was disconnected but had been reactivated." Also giving reference to "Nvlddmkm" whatever that is, but I am gussing that it is VISTA-generated.

In the small vidio display screen on the ROXIO display, a visual immage (from my vcr tape) sometimes appears and sometimes does not appear. Cable connections have been checked and replaced with no favorable results.

When I have a VCR image, and press the "capture" icon, everything usually goes blank; then evrything freezes.

This really looks like a VISTA problem to me, but the package I purchased said ROXIO would run on VISTA. (This is not a Windows 7 package).

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

2 answers to this question

If you would have google'd the error, you would see it isn't the software

This site seemed like a good one.

Hi Jim,

I really appreciate the quick reply. I went to the list of solutions referenced in your reply and tried the top two with no favorable results.

I've decided to write this one off, blaming Vista about 90% and Roxio 10%. Economically, its probably easier for me just to go out and buy a VCR to DVD copy machine that I can later use connected to some TV.

Again, I really appreciate your efforts.