• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Distort/Warp/Alter photo for video

creeker69

Question

I want to make an Intro with the old (1960's) Outer Limts type video. If you're old enough you'll remember "There is nothing wrong with your Television set..... We control the Horizontal...."

So I want to take a photo and distort it Horizontally like an old TV would do (when we had H-hold knobs (geez am I old!!)).

I have tried different ways in Photosuite. Have also tried in Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Microsoft Digital Image 9 without getting the result I want.

If I skew the photo, it becomes too small vertically and does not fill the screen.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Ron

2 answers to this question

Reruns are still around. Try creating a VideoWave project. Put a color panel on the timeline and then add the image as an overlay, you should be able to rotate, skew, and resize the image to fit. do the nest rotation,with the next image etc. See if that gives you something close to what you want.

I want to make an Intro with the old (1960's) Outer Limts type video. If you're old enough you'll remember "There is nothing wrong with your Television set..... We control the Horizontal...."

So I want to take a photo and distort it Horizontally like an old TV would do (when we had H-hold knobs (geez am I old!!)).

I have tried different ways in Photosuite. Have also tried in Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Microsoft Digital Image 9 without getting the result I want.

If I skew the photo, it becomes too small vertically and does not fill the screen.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Ron

Just fooling around with something like want, I used a "Video Effect" selectioin and then chose the "4 way warp" and it really does a number on the photo. I'm not sure if it will work on a color panel but it sure does on a photo.

Frank...

Archived