• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bjast

Reading Toast Docs

Question

I have a number of Toast 8 document which contain important information about CDs I have created using Toast. In the Finder they show that they have 8 to 12 K in them. I know there are maybe a dozen lines of text in each them. But I can't find any programs that will open them. The Finder shows their Kind as "Toast Document".

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Do they have the extension ".disc"? If so they should be readable in Toast. What they contain is the content of a Toast window when set up to burn a disc. The listed items point to where the source files existed at the time the items were added to the Toast window.

Unfortunately, they are not the disc type files, but text type files. I know there must be data in them because I used to be able to open them, but now neither Toast 8 or any text editor seems to be able to show the data stored in them. I need the data, otherwise I have no idea what's on dozens of CDs I burned with Toast. No fun ...

Unfortunately, they are not the disc type files, but text type files. I know there must be data in them because I used to be able to open them, but now neither Toast 8 or any text editor seems to be able to show the data stored in them. I need the data, otherwise I have no idea what's on dozens of CDs I burned with Toast. No fun ...

The only kinds of files Toast can save are .disc files which are the project file I described, a disc image file which the entire disc contents and a .sd2f file which is the contents of an audio CD. So I don't know what created your text files. Try changing the extension in the file name to .disc and see if Toast will open it then.

If these aren't audio CDs you can create a catalog of their contents by using DiskCatalogMaker which I believe is included in the Toast 8 bundle of apps.

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried changing the files to .disc. That did open Toast, but yielded no information other than the title of the CD.

They are audio CDs - or I should say listed of the items on the audio CDs. As I said, I know there is data in them because they each have a dozen of so K of data on them.

Hm ...

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried changing the files to .disc. That did open Toast, but yielded no information other than the title of the CD.

They are audio CDs - or I should say listed of the items on the audio CDs. As I said, I know there is data in them because they each have a dozen of so K of data on them.

Hm ...

If they are audio cds, try renaming to .sd2f and see if that helps.

If they are audio cds, try renaming to .sd2f and see if that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I tried it still no data.

Hm ...