Sign in to follow this  
RickF

Similar [but not the same] issue

Question

I have a similar issue. I am trying to make a Blue Ray (HD) DVD on standard DVD (AVCHD). The source material is from my Sony HD camcorder. I have captured the video and it is 60 mpeg files. I have made the production using MYDVD and it is abt 32 minutes long. I have edited the files and all appears normal. When I tried to burn the production ethither directly to DVD or just the image to disk, I get the following error:

"Project_Buildto Device(). Author script call failed. Error while Writing Format".

Now the real question. If I take just the first 5 or 6 of the files of the production and use only them and go through the process, it works fine. So, I'm trying, via trial and error, to find which file or combination of files, edits, transistions etc that causes the issue, but this is long tedious process. Thoughts? Thanka. Rick Forster

PS : I'm using Creator 9

Edited by RickF

1 answer to this question

I have a similar issue. I am trying to make a Blue Ray (HD) DVD on standard DVD (AVCHD). The source material is from my Sony HD camcorder. I have captured the video and it is 60 mpeg files. I have made the production using MYDVD and it is abt 32 minutes long. I have edited the files and all appears normal. When I tried to burn the production ethither directly to DVD or just the image to disk, I get the following error:

"Project_Buildto Device(). Author script call failed. Error while Writing Format".

Now the real question. If I take just the first 5 or 6 of the files of the production and use only them and go through the process, it works fine. So, I'm trying, via trial and error, to find which file or combination of files, edits, transistions etc that causes the issue, but this is long tedious process. Thoughts? Thanka. Rick Forster

PS : I'm using Creator 9

Read through the attached link, and see if anything in it, helps you:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=55932