• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy CD Creator 5

sterup2001

Easy CD Creator 5.10 RC28.1 bundled version

The first that comes up with is message as it always has done

Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 CD has been detected, would you like to instal the product now?

I press yes but when this stange message comes up

Easy CD Creator 5 is not compatible with this version of Windows.

More infomation please contact Roxio, Inc

in the buttom it says

Click on continue to run the program . Click detalje for more information

there is also a place where i can check if i don`t want to see this infomation anymore

The pc is running WindowsXP Home SP2 non english version with all updates on a Toshiba 1800-712 laptop from june 2002 so whereis no more support forum toshiba.

Please help quickly because my mother want here pc in this weekend or in the new week.

Officially, ECDC 5 is NOT supported with WinXP SP2, because a lot of the changes made with SP2 don't work with ECDC 5, a 1999 program which hasn't had any software updates since 2003.

Some people have gotten it to work, but since your mother does not appear to be a techie, it might be better to run Roxizap (URL is in FREQUENT ANSWERS pinned to the top of the board) and clean it out.

WinXP has built-in burning for making music CDs and data discs, which I suspect will be enough.

I hope she hasn't been using DirectCD, since DirectCD discs may or may not be readable with WinXP's built-in .udf reader, and if not, you may have to use a recovery program (see FREQUENT ANSWERS). (DO NOT load the .udf reader offered by the DirectCD disc if it isn't readable, it is NOT COMPATIBLE with WinXP.)

If the WinXP built-in burning isn't enough, you will need to get a newer burning program.

Lynn

I have 3 questions

1. Where can i find the WinXP built-in burning?

2. How do i enable it?

3. Is where a guide how to use the WinXP built-in burning?

1. I don't believe it shows up as a separate application, it's built into Windows Explorer.

2. It should be enabled by default.

3. Not sure, check the Windows Help.

When I've used it (not on my system since I prefer W2K) all I've done is dragged files to the CD Writer drive letter in Windows Explorer. At that point, they get queued up for burning. I think you right-click on the drive, and it'll show you files that are "ready to burn" and then there's a button there to write them to disc. But it's all done from Windows Explorer.

Hope that helps!

I have 3 questions

1. Where can i find the WinXP built-in burning?

2. How do i enable it?

3. Is where a guide how to use the WinXP built-in burning?

Either right-click > send to (burner drive), or drag to the burner drive, and follow the prompts. Altho it works like drag&drop, it is actually the much safer Sessions format - as my software guru observed, Microsoft didn't want to deal with the problems that come with Packet-Writing.

That's all my software guru has (or uses).

Lynn

Archived