• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't burn any cds, error message reads "unable to initialize cd creator engine, please reinstall software"

HI,

I just bought this yesterday, and i installed it, tried to burn a cd and couldn't. it gave me a message "unable to initialize cd creator engine, Please reinstall software", so i reinstalled it and downloaded the update. Tried again, and it still gave the the message "unable to initlialize cd creatore engine, please reinstall software", Please help. I have the V.6.2.1.130 platinum easy cd & dvd burning.

HI,

I just bought this yesterday, and i installed it, tried to burn a cd and couldn't. it gave me a message "unable to initialize cd creator engine, Please reinstall software", so i reinstalled it and downloaded the update. Tried again, and it still gave the the message "unable to initlialize cd creatore engine, please reinstall software", Please help. I have the V.6.2.1.130 basic easy cd & dvd burning.

Not having any idea if you have other burning software, or what Operating System you have, or even if you have a CD burner (as opposed to a CD-ROM), all I can suggest is you go to the FREQUENT ANSWERS post pinned to the top of the board and come back with enough additional info for us to make an educated guess.

Lynn

Sorry, I'm not used to this forums, I have Windows XP Home operating system that runs on 2.7 GHz with 2.0 GB of RAM. I also have a CD-ROM drive that can burn a cd. I have 2 other cd burning programs, windows media player and musicmatch jukebox. Does this help?

Sorry, I'm not used to this forums, I have Windows XP Home operating system that runs on 2.7 GHz with 2.0 GB of RAM. I also have a CD-ROM drive that can burn a cd. I have 2 other cd burning programs, windows media player and musicmatch jukebox. Does this help?

Try uninstall/re-install

Go into your add/remove programs and remove Roxio.......then use this Roxio utility called Roxizap that you can use to remove all remnants of Roxio/Adaptec software for you.

You can get roxizap here: http://tools.roxio.com/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Then re-install from your installation disc. If you require any updates they are on the left of this page (Software Updates) make sure you apply the CORRECT one, Basic or Platinum, (you said you have Basic). so get the right update

If you have two other burning programs, it is possible you have some other Packet-Writing program.

Try reinstalling it WITHOUT Drag2Disc.

Packet-Writing is only good for permantly losing data anyway, so you might uninstall them all.

Lynn

Have you tried this?

Using Roxio Assistant: Roxio Assistant is designed to correct Engine Initialization errors. If Easy CD & DVD Creator's Engine does not initialize, the applications in Easy CD & DVD Creator will not recognize your recorder.

After running Roxio assistant, you should update Easy CD & DVD Creator as described above in "Updating Your Software to the Latest Version:".

1. RoxAssist.exe is located at:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\Upgrade\RoxAssist.exe
    (Note: If you have modified the installation of Windows or Easy CD & DVD Creator, the file may be located in a different location.)
  2. After running this program you should receive the message "Engine initialized successfully with full recorder support".
  3. If you do not receive the message, update your Virus software and then check and clean your system for viruses. After the removal of any viruses, uninstall and then reinstall Easy CD & DVD Creator (use "Add Remove Programs" in "Control Panel".)

Roxio Assistant: In some instances Roxio Assistant may require the installation CD, not allowing you to "Cancel" with out it. In this case you will need to insert the Easy CD & DVD Creator install disc into your drive so that Roxio Assistant will have access to needed files.

I'm also not sure what version you're using since the last update on the website went to 6.1.1.48 for the basic version.

Archived