• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

can't connect to Streamer server

Ellenann

Question

I just installed Toast 10 on my Mac Mini. I have transferred a TV show from my Tivo and have it converted and in my Streamer window on my computer. I received an e-mail that I had a new movie to watch. On my iPhone (which is where I really want to be able to watch), whether I click on the link in the e-mail, type in the web address in Safari, or try connecting using the Streamer iPhone app, I get a message that the connection cannot be made with the server or network connection is lost. But there isn't any problem with my internet connection. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks. :huh:

4 answers to this question

I don't know what causes this. I think it is intermittent and you may find it working later. If that's the case, the problem is with Roxio's server. I once created a new Streamer account ID and it worked for me after doing that.

I don't know what causes this. I think it is intermittent and you may find it working later. If that's the case, the problem is with Roxio's server. I once created a new Streamer account ID and it worked for me after doing that.

Thanks. I tried the new account ID and it worked. Thanks for the tip.

Now I've got another question. I can connect using the Streamer iPhone app just fine here at home. However, two different places I've been lately where I wanted to connect, had a wi-fi connection, but it wouldn't connect to the server. When I get home, it works fine. Got any ideas on this one? Thanks :huh:

Streamer used to work for me. Now I get the 'short name not registered' error when I try to connect from my iPhone or the web. I contacted support. They asked for a screen shot which I sent in. They replied with the feature does not work, so it has been pulled from the offering. The web site still shows it as a feature. I think an idiot replied to by ticket. Anyone have any ideas how to correct the issue with 'short name not registered'? I regestered and all seems fine from the application. Just cannot get connected to the streamer anymore.

Howard