• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Narration

widgetrich

Question

6 answers to this question

Message says :Narration failed to start" when press start help

Please post more information about what you were doing when you got this error and your computer information. We can't tell much at all from what you've posted. If you want help here, help us help you!

Please post more information about what you were doing when you got this error and your computer information. We can't tell much at all from what you've posted. If you want help here, help us help you!

This is what happens..when I go to narration and want to record from the microphone which is plugged in in the back of my computer...when I press record narration...a message comes up which says narration start failed.........I reinstalled the program and I do not what else to do,....hope this helps..thanks

This is what happens..when I go to narration and want to record from the microphone which is plugged in in the back of my computer...when I press record narration...a message comes up which says narration start failed.........I reinstalled the program and I do not what else to do,....hope this helps..thanks

Make sure you check the audio properties to see if the mic is muted. You can do this by double clicking the speaker icon in your tray. Can you give me your audio info? Do you know if you have onboard sound or a separate sound card?

It must be something else besides the program Paul. I have played with 7.5 Narrations a whole lot the past couple of weeks (numerious posts) and the program is rock solid !! You just need to be aware of where the program saves each Narration files (By default: C:\Documents and Settings\OP name\ My Documents\My music) and what happens if you do one and then delete it. The numbering system for the Narration "wav" files is a little confusing till you catch on to how it works.

When making a Narration with your mike and click on the little "mike" Icon, you get a screen that you must click on to start the recording and it always "counts down" from 3--2--1, and then gives a message to start recording. after you're done you need to click on "stop recording" and then wait for a few seconds before the file is registered into the program (Videowave that is) And then click on "DONE". And you can check each NAR file in the "Timeline" view in Videowave, by right clicking on it and selecting Play.

As Paul suggested, check to make sure your Mike is not muted, the volume is sufficient and that you have your mike plugged into the right port on the sound card (Mike In) or on-board sound chip "Mike In" port.

Frank...

It must be something else besides the program Paul. I have played with 7.5 Narrations a whole lot the past couple of weeks (numerious posts) and the program is rock solid !! You just need to be aware of where the program saves each Narration files (By default: C:\Documents and Settings\OP name\ My Documents\My music) and what happens if you do one and then delete it. The numbering system for the Narration "wav" files is a little confusing till you catch on to how it works.

When making a Narration with your mike and click on the little "mike" Icon, you get a screen that you must click on to start the recording and it always "counts down" from 3--2--1, and then gives a message to start recording. after you're done you need to click on "stop recording" and then wait for a few seconds before the file is registered into the program (Videowave that is) And then click on "DONE". And you can check each NAR file in the "Timeline" view in Videowave, by right clicking on it and selecting Play.

As Paul suggested, check to make sure your Mike is not muted, the volume is sufficient and that you have your mike plugged into the right port on the sound card (Mike In) or on-board sound chip "Mike In" port.

Frank...

the mic is not muted...I checked it and the speaker is pluged in at the right place....

Frank...

When I push start recording on the video wave 7 then this is when the message "Narration start failed"

I enstalled creator 8 and it did not work out so I thought I took it off my computer...after that is when the narration failed..

I know I'm probably groping at straws here but in EMC8 when you click on the Mike Icon (Timeline view BTW) and the recording screen comes up there is a button at the top of that screen where you have to select what you are recording from (i.e. "Mike") and also what device you are using to put the recording through. There is probably something similar to that in 7 & 7.5 also. So anyway make sure thgose selections are made and correct.

Frank...

Archived