• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

800700e Error... cant find solution

asandull

Question

Good afternoon everyone :huh: ...

I've done a search on this topic and read all of the issues and possible solutions but nothing is working for me...

This is my problem. I've created a slide show in MyDVD about 900 photos in the DVD projector style, so no music or transitions. I tried to burn it and got to the end and gave me the 807000e error while encoding menu.

So, I tried to go through disk copier to burn an iso file (I'm not sure why I didnt do that in the first place) and as soon as I open Disc copier, I select Browse for disk image- Then media selector pops up along with an error saying Roxio has encountered a problem and needs to shut down... So, I can’t even open disk copier without getting an error. :)

I’ve never created a slideshow using this software but I have used disk copier and never had a problem.

This is what I've done:

Uninstalled recently installed programs

installed a hotfix that Paul had posted on one of these threads

defragged, rebooted, kept internet connections disabled, as well as all virus protection...

Any ideas please let me know.

Thanks!

18 answers to this question

Good afternoon everyone :huh: ...

I've done a search on this topic and read all of the issues and possible solutions but nothing is working for me...

This is my problem. I've created a slide show in MyDVD about 900 photos in the DVD projector style, so no music or transitions. I tried to burn it and got to the end and gave me the 807000e error while encoding menu.

So, I tried to go through disk copier to burn an iso file (I'm not sure why I didnt do that in the first place) and as soon as I open Disc copier, I select Browse for disk image- Then media selector pops up along with an error saying Roxio has encountered a problem and needs to shut down... So, I can’t even open disk copier without getting an error. :)

I’ve never created a slideshow using this software but I have used disk copier and never had a problem.

This is what I've done:

Uninstalled recently installed programs

installed a hotfix that Paul had posted on one of these threads

defragged, rebooted, kept internet connections disabled, as well as all virus protection...

Any ideas please let me know.

Thanks!

Angie, let me make sure I understand you right. Did you get an ISO file complete already and just can't use Disc Copier to burn it to disc? If so, try using the Home menu and the Burn Image to Disc under the Copy folder. It uses RecordNow to burn the ISO as opposed to Disc Copier. If the problem is not with your ISO and is with DC, this should work.

If your problem is getting your slide show to an ISO file, then we need to look in another direction. Please let me know.

Angie, let me make sure I understand you right. Did you get an ISO file complete already and just can't use Disc Copier to burn it to disc? If so, try using the Home menu and the Burn Image to Disc under the Copy folder. It uses RecordNow to burn the ISO as opposed to Disc Copier. If the problem is not with your ISO and is with DC, this should work.

If your problem is getting your slide show to an ISO file, then we need to look in another direction. Please let me know.

Paul, I deleted some pictures in the slideshow and then burned it to a DVD sucessfully...I'm not sure if it worked becasue of the hotfix or becuase I deleted about 100 pictures... I didnt use disk copier to find the iso file and burn it... I just clicked burn to disk. The first time I tried it I had two things checked off... #1-Burn to disk #2-Save to ISO (not sure exactly what it says). It was a successful burn after I UNchecked the save to iso box... Am I making sense?

I usually save the iso file and then go to disk copier to grab it from there but for some reason when I try to browse for a file in disk copier it just closes and gives me an error...It still wont work...

Paul, I deleted some pictures in the slideshow and then burned it to a DVD sucessfully...I'm not sure if it worked becasue of the hotfix or becuase I deleted about 100 pictures... I didnt use disk copier to find the iso file and burn it... I just clicked burn to disk. The first time I tried it I had two things checked off... #1-Burn to disk #2-Save to ISO (not sure exactly what it says). It was a successful burn after I UNchecked the save to iso box... Am I making sense?

I usually save the iso file and then go to disk copier to grab it from there but for some reason when I try to browse for a file in disk copier it just closes and gives me an error...It still wont work...

Glad something is working anyway. It could be a problem with a transition or effect or, if you didn't have any, maybe one or more of the photos was corrupt. 900 photos is an awful lot but I don't know if there is any limitation other than what the disc can hold.

By the way, any photos of Bada Bing yet? :)

no, not yet... I'm going to make a day of it... I'll go to the Bada Bing (Satin Dolls) then over to Satriales... I had a surgery last month that took a couple of weeks from me so I've been playing catch up ever since...

As soon as I go I'll send some pictures...

no, not yet... I'm going to make a day of it... I'll go to the Bada Bing (Satin Dolls) then over to Satriales... I had a surgery last month that took a couple of weeks from me so I've been playing catch up ever since...

As soon as I go I'll send some pictures...

Thanks Angie, but don't make a special trip for me.

I hope you're feeling better after your surgery......take it easy.

Thanks Angie, but don't make a special trip for me.

I hope you're feeling better after your surgery......take it easy.

What are you kidding??? I had my heart set on seeing these girls in there g-strings for quite some time now... LOL... JK... No, a friend of mine has been wanting to go too so we decided we'd take a ride and get some pictures then head over to Kearny where Satriales is.

I'm not even sure what I'm going to get pictures of since the sign doesnt even say Bada Bing... It'll be fun just to get out my house anyway...

Some moms get out to play bingo, some go to strip clubs...LOL... this will be a first for me. :)

What are you kidding??? I had my heart set on seeing these girls in there g-strings for quite some time now... LOL... JK... No, a friend of mine has been wanting to go too so we decided we'd take a ride and get some pictures then head over to Kearny where Satriales is.

I'm not even sure what I'm going to get pictures of since the sign doesnt even say Bada Bing... It'll be fun just to get out my house anyway...

Some moms get out to play bingo, some go to strip clubs...LOL... this will be a first for me. :huh:

I'd have to get a permission slip from my wife first but I think I could arrange it :)

Behave!

I read in your #3 post reply that you had both burn to disk and ISO checked. Then you said after you un-checked the ISO box everything went O.K. (I think that's what you said). I have burned several productions where I had both boxes checked and everything went O.K. However, I have read several posts that suggest that you shouldn't do a burn with both boxes checked. I know it takes a little longer but other than that I have no idea why. Maybe Paul has a suggestion.

Frank...

I read in your #3 post reply that you had both burn to disk and ISO checked. Then you said after you un-checked the ISO box everything went O.K. (I think that's what you said). I have burned several productions where I had both boxes checked and everything went O.K. However, I have read several posts that suggest that you shouldn't do a burn with both boxes checked. I know it takes a little longer but other than that I have no idea why. Maybe Paul has a suggestion.

Frank...

Thanks Frank... I unchecked it after reading posts on here with the same problem... that worked for me, now I just have to figure out how i'm going to keep my disk copier open... I cant imagine why it keeps closing. very frustrating. :)

You are correct in what you said and did it correctly. Just DC didn't work.

To do a repair install, go into the Control Panel to Add/Remove programs, find EMC and click on Change. When the 'Modify, Repiar, Remove' box comes up, choose Repair and have your original EMC disc ready.

Let me if it helps. I'm not sure what else to suggest to fix the DC problem.

Thank you Paul... I did the reinstall (custom, left out a few things so EMC8 and PSE didnt start fighting) and my disk copier is working. What a pain in the arse since I didnt purchase it with a disk...

So, thanks. Now I'll try to figure out how burn EMC8 to disk so I dont run into this issue again.

:)

Thanks Frank... I unchecked it after reading posts on here with the same problem... that worked for me, now I just have to figure out how i'm going to keep my disk copier open... I cant imagine why it keeps closing. very frustrating. :)

I read between the lines of what you originally posted and what Frank asked about but you can do both at the same time (I have) but you're more likely to have problems (I have).

Angie, next time you need to burn an ISO to disc, try the one listed in the Copy section of the Home screen and let me know how that works for you.

As for what causes DC to crash, I don't know but you can try a repair install to see if something else you installed later caused a conflict. It might just fix it.

I read between the lines of what you originally posted and what Frank asked about but you can do both at the same time (I have) but you're more likely to have problems (I have).

Angie, next time you need to burn an ISO to disc, try the one listed in the Copy section of the Home screen and let me know how that works for you.

As for what causes DC to crash, I don't know but you can try a repair install to see if something else you installed later caused a conflict. It might just fix it.

I have been receiving the 800700e "Error while encoding menu",

but have not been able to resolve it. I changed teh DVD to DVD DL

and it still fails with an estimated size 3992.6 MB (4547.4 free).

Thank you Paul... I did the reinstall (custom, left out a few things so EMC8 and PSE didnt start fighting) and my disk copier is working. What a pain in the arse since I didnt purchase it with a disk...

So, thanks. Now I'll try to figure out how burn EMC8 to disk so I dont run into this issue again.

:)

Glad it worked Angie. I don't know if something else installed corrupts the program or if it's just a freak thing but it is a pain to have to go thru all you did. At least you know you have 2 choices now.

That worked... I went to the copy section, clicked burn image, found my iso file and it burned successfully. Thank you.

When I save a project in MyDvd and want to create an ISO image do I do it in the burn section and just check off the save as ISO? Am I doing that the quickest most logical way? Then I would go to disk copier (if mine was working) find the file and burn it from there? Right? I'm so bad at putting what I'm thinking into words... let me know if this is making sense to you...

Oh, and how would I do a repair install on just DC? I dont have the software disk becuase I purchased it online... ???

That worked... I went to the copy section, clicked burn image, found my iso file and it burned successfully. Thank you.

When I save a project in MyDvd and want to create an ISO image do I do it in the burn section and just check off the save as ISO? Am I doing that the quickest most logical way? Then I would go to disk copier (if mine was working) find the file and burn it from there? Right? I'm so bad at putting what I'm thinking into words... let me know if this is making sense to you...

Oh, and how would I do a repair install on just DC? I dont have the software disk becuase I purchased it online... ???

To do a repair install, go into the Control Panel to Add/Remove programs, find EMC and click on Change. When the 'Modify, Repiar, Remove' box comes up, choose Repair and have your original EMC disc ready.

I understand how to do the repair, but how would I do it without the disk? I purchased it online so they didnt send me one... I'm trying to pull up my account now to see how I would do a re-install... this is a pain in the butt...

I understand how to do the repair, but how would I do it without the disk? I purchased it online so they didnt send me one... I'm trying to pull up my account now to see how I would do a re-install... this is a pain in the butt...

Never done this but I would think you do one of 2 things...either point to where the original file is on your hard drive or, burn the download to disc and use it. Actually, I'm not really sure. :)

Never done this but I would think you do one of 2 things...either point to where the original file is on your hard drive or, burn the download to disc and use it. Actually, I'm not really sure. :)

I'll give it a try... I may not even need to though now that I can burn disks the way you showed me... I'm trying out another one now... if it works then I wont even bother. :huh:

Archived